Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Copper with vitamin C???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rashirosey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Copper with vitamin C??????? Reply with quote

Hi - please can someone tell me whether I could use a copper cream (Neutrogena) every other night - meaning every other night with a retinol cream, and use a Vitamin C serum in the morning - every morning. Is this advisable. I am pretty new to all this............R :oops:
rashirosey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr T please can I have an answer.......the reason I am asking is - that I know vitamin C stays on your skin for 72 ? hours or more after its been applied - I use a vitamin C in the morning and a copper cream at night which I altenate with a Retinol - As the vitamin c stays awhile on the skin and then applying a copper would it render the copper useless. R
debdrecoh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check this once with Skin Biology. Their reply:"You can go ahead and use the CP serum, but you would want to alternate days and nights with the serum and the Vit. C. Otherwise, it is just fine." Hope this helps.
rashirosey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks debdrecoh, for taking the time and trouble and answering my question.............This should help.
debdrecoh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked a similar question under the topic Anti-aging. You could go and read the details there (about third message down) or I will post Dr T's reply to save him time: "That's right. Exposing copper to acidic medium can make it very harmful. Apply at least 12 hours apart and wash one off before applying another. It is best to apply on alternate days."

Deb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: