Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Eye Wrinkles!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blinktwice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Eye Wrinkles! Reply with quote

Is there really anything that can help already formed eye wrinkles (crow's feet and lines under the eyes)? Nothing I use seems to do a lick of good.

About a year and a half ago I started using eye cream (purchased at a drugstore), then about six months ago started Retin A. I also get facials every so often. I don't see any improvement whatsoever. They actually just are worsening.

Is there anything I can do to help my situation aside from Botox or cosmetic fillers? I am not eager to try either of those routes, would rather just try to use science to my advantage.

I am grateful for any help you can give me.

Thanks.
debbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I share the same problem I cant see how any cream can do anything for the wrinkes only moisturise them I had botox for my crows feet about 1 yr ago and I wasnt even happy with that I think they are worse now than before i would love to know too if I had the money id get a eye job done,debbie :(
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done Botox but it sucess will depend on wether your wrinkles are motion wrinkles and on the skills of the 'nurse' performing the procedure and I don't think many of them are very 'skillfull'.
merton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I assume you've tried the Preperation H trick a few times a week? That works well for me.
merton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

short answer preperation h around eyes with care no more than a few times a week.,

long answer:

http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/formulations/friendly/eyeserum.htm

The skin tight pulls it together after a few trys.

moist green tea bags are also supposed to work but that I haven't tried it yet.

argireline is great for crows feet but risky under the eye due to potential sag. don't go beyond 15% and even thats probably excessive.

-merton
misjanuary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: try... Reply with quote

Arbonne's RE9 Anti-aging line has worked wonders for me! I am 29, had the same issues and I have noticed (and so have others) great changes! Anyone can get it at a discount, too. It's well worth the $ because it's so concentrated...some of the items have lasted me a year with daily use!
Good luck!
January
mvondrau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Eye Skin Care - no sag, only crows feet "softened" Reply with quote

I have been using argireline - La Fontaine Jeunesse Serum - and the results have been nothing less than fantastic. Over the past three months, one capsule on the area around my eyes where the crows feet were "settling in" and on my face and neck, my skin is radiant and the wrinkles greatly "softened".

I know that folks say it has a "Botox" effect but it is not Botox (I've tried this and found that I no longer had any expression on my face which was darned awful)! As a singer, I need the muscles in the "mask of the face" to all be working as this helps me to reach the "top notes" when I sing, the muscle paralysis caused by the Botox injections really affected my singing "range" negatively . A friend recommended the Argireline Serum and I was surprised at how great my skin looked within a matter of days of use.

Wrinkles are a part of ageing gracefully, I've "earned" mine and eradicating them was not the "brief"! This way, I feel that much more confident when I'm singing on stage and being photographed for the modelling I do for a top couture house, I also have the "use" of my facial muscles and expression again. Hence, I've recommended this skincare product to my friends and family without a hint of trepidation.
Nightbird

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very weary of using Argireline underneath my eyes, as I have heard that while it may be great at first, over time it will actually make the very delicate and thin skin under your eyes sag due to the muscles being atrophied in that area from the Argirelines muscle paralyzing action. I haven't seen anything online that proves this (if you have please post the link here) but it's enough to not make me take that chance.

The best you can do at the moment for eye wrinkles if you do not want to get a surgical procedure done is either temporarily cover the wrinkles up with a good eye cream, or have a mini peel done under your eyes by a dermatologist. The peel will indeed help with the wrinkles, but keep in mind that you must have it done by a trained person such as a dermatologist, do not just go anywhere to have it done, as this is a very delicate procedure. The peeling of dead skin under your eyes will definitely give you an improved look, and with proper moisturization should last at least a year. Let us know what you decide to do and good luck to you!
AngelaW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: First time Botoxer Reply with quote

I tried Botox for the first time on 3-7 and today, 2 days later, I can see a HUGH improvement on the crows feet and fine lines around my eyes. The Dr. said that the 3rd day would be the first day of noticeable change. It is almost as if an eraser has been used on the expression lines around my eyes and poof! no more! I have heard the complaint of "It makes my face expressionless" But I really think that if Botox is applied to the most problemactic areas only (i.e. crows feet, and/ or 11's between the eyes) and not all over, you can preserve the qaulity of your own unique expressions and still obtain and maintain a youthful appearance.
jcurran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botox and other cosmetic procedures are far and away the most effective for treating wrinkles. They're not for everyone but aging is just a natural evolution for the skin. The best way to prevent wrinkles is simply using sunscreen or staying out of the sun.

Glycolic acid can help the skin to produce elastin but topical solutions are not likely to cut it.
jones10021

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botox is a temporary solution. It's good for the companies because the clients keep coming back for more.
qutee22

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard botox over time can make you look worse. Is this true? I've tried the airbrush eye cream for puffiness and it works great for me.
suzq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Retinol Vitamin C serum from E Burnham Cosmetics. You can go to the website to order, it is catelogue or website only not sold in stores. I also like their night cream. Good luck!
Andrew Smith

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resveratrolultra.org

Resveratrol Ultra & Pure RezV Pro are the highest rated anti-aging product in the market. It is used to reduce wrinkles, but before taking Resveratrol supplements you must check the manufacturer background and gather proper information about Resveratrol and at the same time consult the doctor before you purchase the Resveratrol.

Hope this is beneficial for you, if you don't wish to continue cosmetic procedures.
Mairead

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please checkout complaints.com and ripoffreport.com before ordering from this company. I purchase my resveratrol from Beyond a Century. I prefer the powder form as it does not contain any binders which delay absorption. HTH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: