Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

dark circles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegoodwitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: dark circles Reply with quote

It seems to me that dark circles are most often caused by thin skin/fat loss in the under eye area. The way that I can tell that mine are caused by this is that my under eye area has a bluish-purple tint, which is reflective of the underlying vascular structure. When I very first wake up in the morning, I do not have them because the area is filled with fluid (an effect that I am trying to curtail to avoid further damage!). So it is, in my case anyway, a combination of thin skin and fat loss that leads to the dark circles.

One way to treat this problem is to thicken the skin in the area. This is much easier said than done. Products that have been said to thicken skin include emu oil, copper peptides, retin-A and to some extent, vitamin C. However, any or all of these products used in the under eye area can lead to irritation and a worsening of the problem, depending on an individual's response to them. Thus, it really is a question of trial and error.

Laser resurfacing seems to be a promising treatment that results in relatively long-term skin thickening/tightening of the under eye area. Injectables such as restylane and autologous fat transfer can also be used to treat this.

If the dark circles seem to fluctuate a great deal, you might want to consider that they are facilitated by allergies, and begin to note the dietary habits and environmental changes that may be influencing your under eye area. One of the great advantages of this approach is that you end up being healthier overall!

Of course, a trip to your dermatologist would probably be the easiest way to determine the "nature" of your under eye area, and he/she will probably have recommendations on how to treat it too.

Good luck!
thegoodwitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: whoops!! Reply with quote

sorry, i meant to post this as a reply to "pocoloco"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: