Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Lotus Shower Filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crowe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Lotus Shower Filter Reply with quote

I was recommended now by several people including my gym to get a Lotus Shower Chlorine Filter for my overall skin & health. The manager at the gym did show me with a pool tester that the filters did indeed remove chlorine from the water and said the best are at lotusco.us . I would assume that chlorine is both bad for my skin and hair but I was wondering if anyone has any input or experiences or problems with these things. Before posting this I was able to find that my local hospital uses Lotus filters as well so its looking good. I am just wondering if its all worth it, not to mention the filters a reasonably priced.

Thanks for any input!

Jodi
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this particular filter, but generally chlorine is not good for the skin so filtering makes some sense. However, there's much more chlorine in the pool than in tap water, so washing skin with cool tap water is not as harmful for the skin as swimming in the pool. Also, if filter expense is the issue, to get rid of chlorine you can boil the water (and then cool it down of course) or just let tap water stay in a container for a couple of days. This will inactivate most of chlorine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: