Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Copper Peptide concentrations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PattiK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Copper Peptide concentrations Reply with quote

What is a good concentration for copper peptides in a DIY cream. I believe the skin bio product starts at 4%. Does this sound correct? What about first generation copper, should it be used at a higher or lower concentration?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four 4% of what? Or dry copper peptide? That sounds too much. Regartdless, DIY-ing CP may be unsafe due to potential damage from copper ions. I strongly recommend NOT doing it. You can DIY something safer. CP products are not that expensive if you shop around.
rina.eve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dr Todorov
Well, another well-forgotten thread but I will still try my luck. skinactives.com are selling GHK-Cu solution at 0.1% GHK-Cu in 2ml of water, glycerin and germanben. They recommend mixing it up in 4oz of base cream for DIY, saying that too much CP lead to destruction rather than sinthesis of collagene.
I have been trying to find at least some references to the CP concentrations in existing products but in vain - could you please recommend any? AS you say, too little is a waste and too much is damaging, so I would like to have some more reliable unbiased info
thank you!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most research with GHK-Cu was done on wounds and/or tissue culture, it is hard to say what's optimal for skin care. Concentrations as low as 0.01% or even lower might be effective. However, considering potential adverse effects of free copper ions, it may be unwise to DIY the CP. Consider DIY-ing with matrixyl 3000, which contains GHK but w/o copper. You may still get at least partial benefits.
rina.eve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Dr Todorov
So, you believe that scar-healing concentrations would be significantly different from those used for anti-aging purposes? Anyways, if I got it right, the concentrations should be really small, not at all 4-5% as some people suggest it is in Pickart's 2nd generation peptides.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second generation copper peptides are less researched than GHK-Cu. Their optimal concentrations might be different.
RebeccaM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Our GHK Serum Reply with quote

Hi
We use 5% of a 0.05% solution. Other Peptides such as Matrixyl 3000, Syn-ake etc are solutions at 0.05% so we accept that premise.

It's true that excessive amounts of Copper can harm rather than benefit so we believe ours to be optimal. The peptides are carried in pure Hyaluronic Serum.

Sensora
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: