Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

10% TCA Peel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evergreen

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: 10% TCA Peel Reply with quote

Hi! I love this site and am learnig a ton about taking care of my skin. (better late than never) I wonder if any of you have advied/cpomments on TCA peels.

I just ordered a TCA peel of 10%, it also has lactic acid and witch hazel.

I have brown spots -I guess sun spots or age spots -also my pores are large. I am 40. I have never done a peel or anything like this before.

I was looking forward to doing this until I talked to a friend who had one done at the dermatologist office and said it was extreemly painful and took a whole week to recover .

Do any of you have any advice or suggestions?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCA is a rather strong acid. A bit weaker than sulfuric or hydrochloric acid, but far stronger than AHA or BHA. Unless you are an expert, a DIY TCA peel sounds like a dangerous idea. Doing it incorrectly may do a lot of damage.
Evergreen

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Where would you start? Reply with quote

So where should I start to reduce the look of brown spots and large pores? I also would like my skin tone more even. I do not have the money for professional application. I like what I am reading in the info packs.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your discolorations are due to hyperpigmentaion, then a skin lightener may be something to try.
Evergreen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am looking for something to improve all over as opposed to 'just ' lightening the 'sunspots'. I like what I am reading about 'green cream'. The main ingredient seems to be retinol -and I see that it can be ordered on line. I wondered if there are any articles (here) discussing further using Retinol (I am also interested in Glycolic Acid). I aso wonder if there are any DIY instructions for something using Retinol.

Thanks for all your help- I trying to learn as much as I can about this stuff- so I can make smart choices. I am a stay at home mom so I need to spend my money wisely. BTW the C serum & Anti-Aging Protection Cream look really good too. My skin has never been sensitive to anything.

Thanks you for all your help
marsto911

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Regarding peels, a 10% salacylic is very different than a 10% glycolic. The percentage of strength between different acids does not mean the acids are the same strength.

Peels created a controlled burn and can create terrible problems if misused.

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Exfoliants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: