Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Anyone purchased actives for DIY from bulkactives.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arychel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Anyone purchased actives for DIY from bulkactives.com Reply with quote

are they reputable?
kliron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, just posted further up.
Barbara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very reputable and trustworthy, John - the owner is very helpful.
elbandita

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: BulkActives Reply with quote

Hello,
I mainly registered on this forum to answer this question.
BulkActives is a very reputable company. Your affordable priced skin actives are shipped fast and anytime you have a question John is answering it with light speed and provides helpful advise.
I would recommend BulkActives anytime.
C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: bulk actives Reply with quote

save your money & purchase from bulk actives instead of Skin actives.
Skin actives are overprice . They will answer questions in general otherwise when you ask them for specifics & details ... no answer.
A friend of mine wasted so much money in trying to mix actives ...
crazyoldbroad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Bulk Actives Reply with quote

I highly recommend this company to everyone! John is honest about what he sells and his background. Shipping is really quick considering they're not in the US. So far, every order has been received in about 7 days. I've ordered from sellers in the US and not received orders that quickly.

But, more importantly, I've been happy with all the actives I've ordered and they are the same quality as a competitor and if there is a difference in a comparable product, he lets you know that too.

Cheap, quick and honest...what more can you ask for.

Do I sound like a paid advertiser? I'm not. Just a satisfied customer, who wants his business to succeed so I can keep ordering from them :D
C

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: bulk actives Reply with quote

I will second this . All of my friends are now switching to Bulk Actives & WILL NOT order overprice actives from Skin Actives anymore.
a lot of their actives do NOT dissolves .....
crazyoldbroad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Bulk Actives Reply with quote

Don't mis-understand me... I'm NOT bad mouthing Skin Actives in any way. In fact I love SA. I buy from who has what I want at the best prices.

I was answering the question, "are they reputable" and I wanted people to know that Bulk Actives is a great website, has great prices and is run by an honest man.

I don't need to put one down in order to promote the other.
jands

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a lot of their actives do NOT dissolves .....

Again, thanks for the support. But, I feel that it is important to clarify the issue of solubility.

This is not related to the suppliers.

Botanical extracts in general are difficult to dissolve. Most of them require alcohol, some an even much stronger solvent.

SAS do not promote the use of alcohol based solvents and they sugest adding actives to their canvas cream. They state that:

Quote:
The powder will not dissolve immediately but will release components slowly into the cream/lotion.

Many of their customers are happy with that.

I prefer to use alcohol and have everything dissolved as much as possible. I do not know if components added to a cream will be beneficial, but I want to wear my products during the day, with sun protection on top. This does not work if the cream is full of grainy lumps.

I also like to use oil free serums, as the Anthelios I wear is quite oily. By using alcohol I can dissolve most actives, although some still pose a challenge (centella asiatica and Glabridin).

It is all up to the individual, and I am well aware that people with sensitive skin need to avoid alcohol.

It is important to do some reading and ask questions before buying. For example, if you can't use alcohol OR oil based creams then there would be no point in buying boswellia.

I know that SAS has a solubility chart they will email you, and I have posted similar info on our product pages.

There are also some other products on the market that might be suitable, I have not tried them yet, but I think lotioncrafter or personalformualtor sells an oil free base that could be used to carry actives, although I do not know if it will handle all botanical extracts.
pinkconga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jands - are you BulkActives?
deedeeL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum, although I participate on several other skin care forums.

With regards to bulkactives, my concern is that their products are from China. These days, with all that is going on from products from China, I am concerned with purchasing anything with regards to ingredients from that part of the world.

Am I am being reasonable or an alarmist?

Thanks

DD
claire-skin-care

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deedeeL - even if you tried, i don't think you can find an item that wasn't manufactured in china. personally the only thing i find, that's problematic with china - is it's non democratic, extremely violent and cruel ways (tibet - Tiananmen Square - etc) other than that - whats the issue?
jands

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is important to understand that I clearly state where our products are manufactured, other suppliers choose to not do this.

However, these two COAs clearly state that at least two products sold by another supplier are manufactured in China:

Ferulic acid: websitetoolbox.com/tool/view/mb/file?username=skinactives&id=141128
Resveratrol: websitetoolbox.com/tool/view/mb/file?username=skinactives&id=141122

The only way to know is by asking your supplier directly, preferably in an open forum, and please push until you get a real answer.

I found the following very annoying: messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php?t=51323 (3rd post from the bottom).

If people are really serious about avoiding Chinese made products, then this article may be of interest: csmonitor.com/2005/1220/p09s01-coop.html

At least China is now taking hard action to avoid repeat incidents. They have closed down over 400 unregistered manufacturers, they sentenced the head of their State Food and Drug Administration to death ( he was killed a few weeks ago), and export requirements are becoming very strict (there will be price increases because of this, soon).

As for the politics. I live in Taiwan, China refuses to recognize us as a country, we have to use the name ' Chinese Taipei' in the Olympics (because China insists on this, and the rest of the world does not have the balls to stand up to them), every year our application to join the UN is turned down. Whenever we talk about officially declaring our independence, we get threatened with the 800 missiles China has aimed directly at us. Yet, we are a fully democratic country, and no one backs us up.

Why, because right now China is the main supplier to the world.

In fact, many Taiwanese businesses have their manufacturing plants in China. I buy my actives from China (and Japan, India and France), because they are the main manufacturer and their prices are competitive.

Maybe if governments became more assertive in dealing with China's human rights abuses, it would be easier for us consumers to take a stand.

One thing that makes it easier is that the people I deal with in China are fabulous. They are honest, helpful and willing to go that extra mile to help their customers. Their service is outstanding, and in the end they are also a victim of their own government. Maybe a 'rather weak' excuse, but again, I suggest that this battle needs to be fought at a higher level.

I mean, giving the Olympics to China, what were they thinking!! But, I don't see anyone boycotting the Olympics, unlike the sports boycott against South Africa during 'apartheid'.

Politically and morally it hurts, but financially it is pretty much the only way, at this stage.
claire-skin-care

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the world is becoming more and more cynical...
seems like nobody has any moral stand on anything anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: