Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Avon's New Ultrasonic Stressed Yeast Thermafirm Product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheellah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Avon's New Ultrasonic Stressed Yeast Thermafirm Product Reply with quote

This a blurb from Avon's new lifting cream called Thermafirm. It will available in the US in September. I'm just curious what you make of it. Can ultrasonic stressed yeast actually firm the skin? Can this possibly work?

Tighter, Firmer, more lifted skin in just 3 days.

'It's the latest craze in anti-ageing treatments. Thermal face lifts target sagging skin by using non-invasive radio frequently to tighten and firm collagen, literally reversing the drooping effect that occurs with age.'

WHY? If skin is sagging and loose - and a thermal face lift is too expensive

WHEN? Use at night as a moisturiser

HOW? It works in the following ways:

TRIPLE SONIC TECHNOLOGY

Formulated with ingredients to help tighten the skin's layers

Ultrasonic stressed yeast and hydrolysed protein combined with other ingredients form a 3D matrix on your skin.

Natural extracts are fused to help tighten the connections between the skin's layers.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my take on it: bulshit lol
At most it will be some makeup effect, like if you put a hair gel on your face it will be firmer and 'lifted' after the gel dries out lol
PattiK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orangehrzn - I so agree with your comment.
sheellah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really looking foward to Dr. Todorov's response. I don't Avon would spend all that money to bring a new product like this to market without some degree of proof that it actually does something. There has to be SOME scientific basis for it, even if it's a small one...;-).
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not enough info to figure out what exactly their method does. If you can find more info, especially real studies, please post, I will tell you what I think.
altnature

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Tried It, Yuck Reply with quote

I actually bought this stuff, it seemed to work but way too expensive and it caused me a lot of breakouts. Having acne is not the younger looking face I was hoping for. :evil:

Have since found a cream I really like called "Skin Eternal" with DMAE and other good stuff. Drawbacks, not all natural and has a Kiwi fragrance I can do without. Good stuff though. I also take DMAE internally, helps keep me focused.
carolina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: DMAE PILLS Reply with quote

Dear Altnature,

Is Dmae good for your focus? I mean I need to finish my Masters and I struggle a lot with my wandering thoughts! Like now I should be studying instead of login in this forum...

Does it really help you??

Thanks,

Carolina
rosejade

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this product is no longer available in Avon. There is no easy way to tighten skin in just few days but it requires a lot of effort, intensive dermacare and expensive products to make us look younger than ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: