Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

DMAE serum help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kchapman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: DMAE serum help Reply with quote

Hi. I am trying to incorporate DMAE into a serum that contains:deionized water, organic aloe leaf juice, witch hazel, carbomer, triethanolamine, alpha lipoic acid, ester C, glycolic acid, oil of tamanu, carrot oil, tocopheryl acetate, diazolidinyl urea, tetrasodium edta, may contain citric acid.
It liquifies every time. It is a very thick serum. I have tried to dissolve the DMAE in water first and it still causes the serum to melt. I have also tried to mix the DMAE with creams as thick as a butter and they also melt. It is a 37% DMAE bitartrate natural grade. I am using the recommended amount in the DIY infopack.
What must I be doing wrong?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your doing nothing wrong. DMAE liquifies almost any base especially Carbomer bases. I am surprised actually your serum could incorporate glycolic acid. Acids are usually not composed with Carbomer gels cause they liquify it like DMAE.

You should search around and find what kind of bases the manifacturers use for DMAE. Hydroxyethylcellulose+water would work for sure cause it doesnt liquify from anything. Hyaluronic acid+water will probably work. Both bases may have problem with flaking off skin when they dry out. The base creams sold by thepersonalformulator.com probably wont liquify.

Let us know what you find at the end.
kchapman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you. I think most, if not all, of the bases I have been trying do contain carbomer. I will check out TPF.
Beagle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kchapman wrote:
Thank-you. I think most, if not all, of the bases I have been trying do contain carbomer. I will check out TPF.
Hi if you first dissovled DMAE in sea kelp first,then put in your base,it won't liquified
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: