Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

What to use to unclog heavily clogged pores? (pock marking)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81wineredlp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: What to use to unclog heavily clogged pores? (pock marking) Reply with quote

My wife is such an awesome person. She spends most of her time taking care of other people and has not been taking care of her skin as she should. She doesn't feel comfortable going to a spa to get her face peeled, but she is in very bad need of some kind of facial peel.

Years of neglect have left her skin very clogged. She has developed pock-marks and blackheads all over her cheeks.

I think she would be comfortable if I spent the weekend giving her spa-treatment at home. I just don't know what product would be effective to use (and not too cost prohibitive).

Can you give me the name of a product that works great in such situations? Maybe something that I don't have to do to her too often (maybe once a month) that would help keep her skin clean and clear.

thanks in advance
az mom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Know the feeling... Reply with quote

I have ance scars and pock marks too-never felt comfortable going to a salon, so I know the feeling. I have been using Oil of Olay's Microdermabrasion kit (about $25) once/twice a week- really helps. I love this! Also, I bought from skinstore.com Philosophy "Hope and a Prayer" vitamin C powder (about $35). Mix a scoop of fresh powder with moisturizer and use all over the face and neck every day. This has DRAMATICALLY lightened those marks. To make the skin appear more even and smooth, some times I apply Athena 7 Minute Face lift. Can't tell you enough how much this (temporarily) plumps up any pock marks and makes them less noticable. This is an expensive product (around 75 for a small jar), but great for special occasions. Other than that, once a week I do an egg white mask (whip an egg white and let it dry) to tighten the skin, and I do an egg yolk mask to give my skin a heavy vitamin K boost and clear up any dirt/pimples.

Hope that helps! You're a very good husband for being so concerned and willing to help out your wife! Best of luck!
81wineredlp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice!
jamesherried

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For clogged pores, try an herbal facial sauna using Swiss Kriss, an herbal laxative that you can buy at health food stores. The instructions for the herbal facial sauna should be in the box. When I had some acne in my teens, that herbal sauna eliminated it quickly and completely. Just make sure you use a large towel to feep the steam from escaping, and keep your face far enough enough away from the steam to avoid damaging the skin. Actually, the herbs may not even be necessary. Maybe you can just use boiling water and get the same effect, but not sure yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: