Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Peptides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Peptides Reply with quote

Peptides seem to be the way to go in firming and rejuvenating creams. They are the non-botox way to help tighten the skin. From what I know, they basically react with the nerves in the body to relax tension in the treated areas. So if you are looking for a way to look younger without the botox, find a good skin cream with peptide bonds!!
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peptides are not a match for Botox really. If you have motion wrinkles just go pay $200 and the problem is solved for up to 6 months.
utopia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: peptides Reply with quote

Boy, you know, I read this over and over...but I have tried at least fifty different products [from Murad to Perricone on down...) and I have not found these to be effective any place except around the eyes-and that is limited for the price we shell out for these products.
jamie555

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had good results with peptide products, especially matrixyl. I think the key is to find one you like (witha good base formula to carry the peptide) and use it DAILY for 3 months. That is what I did and I found that after about 6 weeks, I started to see some clear difference. Some of my friends tried the same products but did not like them. When I asked them how long they had stuck with them, they usually said something like 2-3 weeks. I don't think that is long enough for this type of product to have any long term and visible effect.

Like someone else said in this thread, if you want instant results, then Botox is your only/best bet. Personally, I hate to get an injection in my arm, so I nearly faint at the thought of getting one in my face! :shock:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: