Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Picture inside, bags under eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteintegra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Picture inside, bags under eyes. Reply with quote

As you can see, i have bags under my eyes. Ive had them for at least 5 years. how can i get rid of them? ive never really cared, but its REALLY starting to bother me. I am currently 22 yrs old.

Also, can someone tell me what the little "micro" bumps on my nose are and the pits on my cheeks. Thank you kindly!
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the opposite of bags - your cheeks are higher than the below eye area. Plastic surgery could correct that by putting a filler - fat or artificial filler but I think that would be too extreme for your age and the minor problem you are having and it is quite expensive - fat drafting is about $3000. Another possible way is to try exercises for lower eye lid from FlexEffect facial exercises - they say those build the muscle under eye and make level it with cheeks. I have been doing FlexEffect exercises for about two weeks now and can't really tell if that is true but for sure my under eyes do not look worse.

The micro-bumps look like milia - it is like fat and dead cells trapped under the epidermis. The standard approach with milia is to use needle to open the bumps up or retin A/ acid exfoliators. Search the forum, the milia problem was discussed several times and also this link:
http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic265.htm

The 'pits' on your cheeck are either enlarged pores or acne scarring. I don't think you ever had acne so maybe just enlarged pores. There is no 'cure' for enlarged pores cause those are heredity - it's not a desease, just the skin looks that way. Accutane is reported to srink those while you are on it. Accutane is a prescription anti-acne drug with serious side effects at high doses but currently it was found that ultralow doses like 5mg/day are as effective as the high doses and don't show the side effects.
whiteintegra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the FlexEffect facial exercises and see if it helps. If it dosent, can somone recomend some non invasive techinque that will even out my under-eye! And as far as the pits, ive always used bar soap to wash my face, but i have been using neutrgena pore refining face wash for the past 1 week(havent noticed a difference yet). A neutrregena agent told me that that wash would make my pores more fefined and smaller. Is there any truth to this? If not, what can i use to battle this problem? Thanks agin guys. I will be searching this site for further info.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will make your 'pores' refined and smaller, even face resurfacing with CO2 laser.

You can read reviews on the Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser on drugstore.com. Simply put it is a cleanser containing Salicylic Acid and Glycolic acid. If your skin is not sensitive to those, you may like it.

I often hear Salicylic acid 'refines pores'. The truth is initially your skin is irritated from acid exfoliators and swells. Every swelling of your skin, even splashing only with water or right after a face wash, hydes the pores. The moment your skin gets adjusted, the pores are visible again. Also acid exfoliators clean up the pores and create micro flakes around them that diffuse light and make them apper smaller but I guarantee you, you still be able to see the pores.

You can mask the pores very effectively with mattifiers containing silicones or light diffusing powders like talk, silica, aluminum starch etc. The one that I always recommend is Monistat powder gel - contains silicones and silica and is actually the cheapest on the market cause it is sold as a protective gel agains chaffing.
whiteintegra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone else suggest any products to use? Im so unconfident about my "milia" situation. Which product(s) have worked for you guys? which products do you think will work for me?
whiteintegra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do i need a prescription to get Retin A?
jessica9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried and tried to figure out the millia problem for years - doctors...aestheticians - no solutions. only retin a, which doesn't help much.

i actually found something that took away millia i had for years and years. it is from a company in singapore called naturalis. just google naturalis and the site comes up. i had heard about it before but it is almost 100 dollars so i was skeptical and reluctant to try it out. but if you go to makeuptalk.com and go to the skincare section. well...search the forum for millia, you will probably get several hits, but there was a loooong thread where people were using the naturalis milia cream and taking before and after pictures. this stuff can literally erase millia in days to a couple weeks. mine went away in about a week and a half. it was amazing and i never expected it. their before and afters were what convinced me, and they should still be there on that forum, so give it a look if you are reluctant to try it out. but i do not live in singapore, and I would swear on the Holy Bible that this stuff actually gets rid of millia! mine has lasted a long time too.

of course some of us are more prone to it than others, but avoiding creams that cause it helps. also glycolic treatments help. but seriously, the naturalis stuff is the only thing that actually works. it is strong stuff...it burns a bit when you put it on at first, but that doesn't last too long. if it is seriously bothering you, it is worth the price for real.
nyonyakay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessica, can you please tell us what are the list of ingredients in this Singapore product?
jessica9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh....i don't have the box anymore. i don't know if the website lists the ingredients. it is a sort of thick pasty cream you wear at night. they say you can wear it during the day too, but i couldn't. it still got rid of my milia completely using it at night only. does the website not list the ingredients? singapore may not even list ingredients in skincare products, so i don't know. i know it seems like a gamble money-wise, but it does work. it must be a very strong exfoliant, but the way it works is strange. it seems to in some way actually dissolve the milia. you don't get milia popping out like you sometimes get if you try high strength glycolic acid or retin a (retin a doesn't work well). i really don't know how it works, so it would be interesting to know the ingredients. you could try emailing the company and ask them some questions. it is strong stuff though....it burns at first and then that subsides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: