Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Need a Good Sunscreen with the least amount of harmful...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigmit37

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Need a Good Sunscreen with the least amount of harmful... Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good sunscreen with the least amount of Chemicals.

I heard that most chemicals in Sunscreen are really bad for you.
I was also told to you look for zinc oxide or T.oxide for really good protection.

I have brown skin so looking for something that won't make me look like a ghost.

I am looking for Spf 30 if possible.

I was also thinking about getting a sun-umbrella. Do you guys know any good sites for one or any recommendations?

I live in the USA...but I heard most good products are in Europe. I hope I am able to order from there.

Thanks guys.
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that color science makes a sunblock that is just ground up minerals that is applied as a dry powder. I have not verified that, but if it is true, that sounds pretty inert to me.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear that application as a powder provides the advertised SPF though. Also some people reported the powder collects in pores and emphasizes them.
Terihe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Mineral powders need a moisturizer rop Reply with quote

I use Topix Glycolix Elite Spf 30. It is 17% Micronized Zinc Oxide and has some COQ10 and Green Tea Extract, Vit A,C and E. This is non greasy and matte. I also use a mineral powder on top as mineral sunscreens can leave a white cast. It is 1.6 oz and around $17 at I think Skin-etc. It comes in a pump.
bigmit37

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mineral powders need a moisturizer rop Reply with quote

Terihe wrote:
I use Topix Glycolix Elite Spf 30. It is 17% Micronized Zinc Oxide and has some COQ10 and Green Tea Extract, Vit A,C and E. This is non greasy and matte. I also use a mineral powder on top as mineral sunscreens can leave a white cast. It is 1.6 oz and around $17 at I think Skin-etc. It comes in a pump.

Hmm, that seems a little expensive right? How long does it usually last you?

What exactly is Mineral Powder? Is that some sort of make-up? (I'm a guy)
bigmit37

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this product?

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=250

Any one try it out?

I was just wondering if it leaves a white cast on your face..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: