Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

actives besides C interacting with copper peptide?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: actives besides C interacting with copper peptide? Reply with quote

I know that you don't want to add copper peptide to an acidic environment on your skin and obvious vit C is out, but what about Matrixyl, DMAE and antioxidants? Is it ok to use copper peptide in the morning and a mild tretinoin or retinoid fomulation at night?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are well known interactions here, but I am not sure this has been studies. For example, the amine groups of DMAE might form complexes with copper ions, which may or may not have an impact on how the cream would work. Generally, copper is not a good ingredient to experiment with in DIY.
scarab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to mix my own copper, but I was wondering if it would be ok to use copper peptide in the morning alone and then apply a DMAE-AHA cream in the afternoon after exercise.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is probably ok as long you have at least a few hours in between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: