Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Help w/ my skincare routine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Help w/ my skincare routine Reply with quote

I started using a l-ascorbic acid about 5 mos. ago. About 2 mos. ago, I started noticing fine lines all over the left side of my face ( I drive alot for work). This is my skincare routine...I'm using a zinc oxide based sunscreen, Neova Antioxident Therapy during the day, A .5% retinol cream once a week (because I'm getting microdermabrasion treatments), l-ascorbic acid 5% treatment on other nights, and a regular moisturizer. I'm 32...Is there anything I should be trying that is proven to be more of a benefit? Would you suggest anything else?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How frequent is your microdermabrasion? Is it retinol or retin A (tretinoin)?
reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Help w/ Skincare routine Reply with quote

the micro. is once a week for now. I'm doing the series. I have about 5 more to go. The retinol is Skinceuticals .5%.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you feel that these treatments may be making things worse, or things have been getting worse before you started the treatments?
Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Help w/ skincare Reply with quote

I began the micro becase of the lines. Do you think the micro. will hurt? My skin feels a little tighter and more elastic.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are occasional cases when microdermabrasion makes things worse (especially if improperly done) although this is not common.

See user reviews of microdermabrasion here http://www.smartskincare.com/reviews/product/alphidx/m/
Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Help w/ skincare Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I know the first one I had was done with a nurse who left my face rare, but now I go to an esthetician. It was a little red when I left but if only lasted a couple of hours, but would you be able to suggest something that I'm not doing that might be able to help?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People respond differently to different treatments. If after (at least) a couple of month you feel that your program is not helping, there are other things to try. See Treatments section of this site. But you are too young for aggressive and/or invasive procedures.
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: help w/skincare Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help, but I was thinking more in the line of an antioxident that seems more beneficial...
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoQ10, green tea extract or lipoic acid are some of the things to try.
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Help w/ skincare Reply with quote

Thanks...that's a great help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: