Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca12056

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: need help Reply with quote

I am 48 years old and would like to use something to improve the texture/appearance of my skin. It tends to have a rather rough texture, even though I exfoliate and moisturize. At present I am unsing Clinique (3 step), but don't see much of an improvement. I have combination skin and large pores. I need a wrinkle preventer. My wrinkels aren't bad yet, but judgling by looking at my older sister...I might be headed in that direction. I need some guidance as to what I need to use to improve the texture of my skin and to prevent wrinkles. What is the best to wash with, to exfoliate with, to tone, to moisturize, to prevent, as well as a good foundation that gives good coverage. Please help!!
Becca
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is likely, considering your age, that the changes in estrogen and other hormone levels contribute to loss of collagen, elastin, etc. in your skin. Some alternatives to prevent collagen loss include vitamin C derivatives, copper peptides, tretinoin, and topical estrogens. Nothing works for everyone; it is impossible to predict what will work best for you. Read about these treatment alternatives on this site in the Antiaging Treatments section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: