Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

DMAE Bases that DON'T Separate!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: DMAE Bases that DON'T Separate! Reply with quote

I know that some people are buying special and/or expensive bases to use with DMAE, because they have been told that it will make most creams separate, so I thought I would pass along my findings.

I began using DMAE back in Sep. 2006, using a very cheap Cocoa Butter lotion by Queen Helene (Sally Beauty Supply), and had no problems at all! Not even when I added MAP to it too.

Now I'm trying a Shea & Cocoa Butter cream by Proclaim, and it's working fine too!

I'm not sure if it's the Cocoa Butter that keeps it smooth, or if you just need to experiment with different types of lotion to see what works, but bottom line.... Don't be afraid to mix DMAE into a cheap base cream! (Just do a test batch first.)
Jouke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you by the DMAE from Virgo?
I'd also like to start using it, but I wonder whether it's the same stuff everywhere....
And what strength did you make?

Thanx!
Jouke
Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, I think all the DMAE available commercially is pretty much the same product. I bought mine from beyond-a-century.com They're selling it as a supliment, but you can use it topically too! They seemed to have the lowest price, but bulknutrition.com and bulkactives.com are quite reasonable too.

I add 1 tsp. of DMAE to 1 oz. of lotion, which makes about a 6% strenth. But you might want to start off with only 1/2 tsp., until you find out how your skin likes it.

I really like this Active! Some people say it's drying, but for me, it's been one of the few things than doesn't irritate my skin!
skigal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VERY BEST I have found that is really changing my skin around is Ageless Moisture by AGELESSENVY. It has helped to firm the wrinkles around my eyes, and my chin area after a few months. I wish I had taken before and after pics because this product rocks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: