Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Need some treatment advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timtinic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Need some treatment advice Reply with quote

I am 17 years old and throughout my life have had minor pimples on my face particularly the nose and chin area. I have very fair skin (red head) and have had some bad sunburn problems on my nose. The pores are very big (visibly) and the skin appears shiny. My nose is always red. I find only rinsing my face at night works the best, soaps and other types of wash seem to aggravate my skin and cause a lot of problems/ pimples. I have since had a large breakout. I went from the odd pimple or two to my complete chin, upper lip and nose with lots of pimples. I tried some new medicated washes to get rid of the one or two pimples and I believe this may have caused the breakout.

On this new breakout I have tried, Clean and clear Advantage Acne spot treatment which seemed to remove some of the redness however the 'puss' was still under the skin. I have tried the clean and clear acne wash. I have tried the 'Bye Bye Blemish' product which removed the redness once again, dried out my face a lot and all of the pimples got the puss in them. None of them seem to be healing. I also got the Zeno treatment and have tried that on the 'pussed' pimples which it said it should work on. None of these treatments have worked.

What can I try that should rid the pimples preferably as quickly as possible and also, what daily treatment do you recommend I try to prevent further breakouts. Any ideas for rejuvenating my nose which has large visible pores and has a slight sheen to it?

Thanks for your help and I will attach a picture below:

Ok, due to spam I cant post it so heres the link, add the ht.tp://

img402.imageshack.us/img402/2650/acnetf3.gif
bogartdurkin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: MSM helped my acne tremendously Reply with quote

Hi Timtinic,

I've had acne on and off my whole life. Something that has totally helped get it under control is MSM. You can just buy it at the drugstore or supermarket. I started taking 1 pill (1000mg) once in the morning and 1 pill at supper. Now I take 3 pills in the morning and two in the late afternoon (it can give you energy so don't take it just before bedtime). Start off slow and gradually increase. It is water soluble. I started taking it for melasma because I'd heard it could help that, but what I found was that my acne went away. No more cystic acne! I knew it was the MSM too because I stopped taking it and after about a week, my acne came back. Now I always, always take it every day. I'll paste some info below from the website : msm-info.com I actually feel all around better on it and if I could only take one supplement, this is it. I'd also recommend Neutrogena's cleanser that is 1/2 cleanser & 1/2 mask. It works nicely and is recommended by Dr. Baumann in her book "The Skin Care Solution." I hope that helps you!

"Sulfur is called nature's "beauty mineral," because it keeps the skin smooth and youthful, and the hair glossy. Sulfur is necessary for production of collagen and keratin, protein necessary for health and maintenance of skin, nails and hair (6). Several experiments have shown, that all kinds of dermatological disorders which are often allergy-related, respond favorably to a diet supplemented by MSM. Oral dosages of MSM have shown to be effective against acne, Rosaceae and dry, scaly or itching skin(3). When used topically in the form of an ointment or lotion, MSM is helpful in treating skin disorders including acne, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, scabies, diaper rash and certain fungal infections (1, 6). Scars resulting from operations and from burns also respond well to topical application. New scars can heal so perfectly, that they are almost invisible. Old scars, too, can improve markedly. "
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If MSM doesnt work try birth pills (if u are female) or low doses accutane, 10mg/day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: