Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Beta Glucan Convert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Beta Glucan Convert Reply with quote

I have been using .5% Oat Beta Glucan for a little over two weeks now, and I'm amazed at how quickly I'm seeing results! My skin looks smoother and firmer, and the color has also improved.

I've tried MAP, Retinyl, DMAE, Gamma Oryzinol, and even Copper Peptides, but this is the first active where I can actually see visible results, and don't have to just hope it's doing something!

I purchased my Oat Beta Glucan at gardenofwisdom.com, but I think bulkactives.com is going to start selling it too. Not sure about other suppliers.
Jouke

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting Virgo!!
I have looked on their site, did you buy the "Liquid Oat Beta-Glucans 1%"?

What did you use to lower the concentration to 0,5%?
Did you mix it with a special cream, whith water into a serum?

Thanks and regards,
Jouke
Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was the 1% I bought, and then I just diluted it 50/50 with plain water. At some point I will probably try the 1% Beta Glucan straight, but I always like to start off low. So far, the biggest effect has been a smoothing one.

If you do order from gardenofwisdom.com, you might want to try Pearl Powder too. I purchased some, but haven't tried it yet, as I wanted to give Beta Glucan a try on its own first. I have read great things about both Beta Glucan and Pearl Powder!
Jouke

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Virgo, I'll study the subject Pearl Powder, never heard of it before.

What is your experience with the Oat Beta Glucan serum? I heard it is a film forming active. Now I have an oily skin, will it make my skin even more oily?
And I am afraid it will prevent creams I would apply after the Oat Beta Glucan (f.e. tretinoin) penetrating the skin.

What do you think?
Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the opposite of you, with rather dry skin, so I can't say. All I can tell you is that my Oat Beta Glucan serum seems to absorb very quickly. I haven't noticed any greasy or thick feel, as you get with a heavier lotion.

I know that some of the members on another board I belong to are using Beta Glucan with their Tretinoin, to prevent irritation, but I'm not sure if they mix the two or put the Beta Glucan on after the Tretinoin.
ellenelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Virgo,

Can you give an update on your use of oat beta glucan? Have you increased the percentage?

I bought some oat beta glucan in powder form from GoW. Like you, I have sensitive, dry skin and need to be cautious. There's not a whole lot of information on using this so your feedback is helpful.

Thanks,
Ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: