Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

hairs on nose look like blackheads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jands

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: hairs on nose look like blackheads Reply with quote

Ok, here is another great thing about aging.

My nose looks like it is full of blackheads, after months of using a salicylic acid exfoliating wash it has cleaned up somewhat, but there are still far too many left over.

I had enough and decided to poke around and investigate, and they are hairs!

They are not long enough to wax, in fact they are sitting just under the skin. Plucking them out require some 'digging', which leaves little wounds, so I don't think that's a good routine to follow on a regular basis.

How the heck do I deal with this?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered if my brownish 'craters' on nose and cheeks are hairs too. How did you find out they are hairs?
jands

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspected they might be hairs, so I got a pair of sharp, pointed tweezers; poked around, and plucked one out. :twisted:

A lot of digging for a very, VERY short hair, which left me with an ugly hole. But, now I know what those black dots are. :shock:
Jouke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a typical male problem?????
And if these are hairs (okay, I believe you), why don't they grow so you can easily get hold of them? I used to believe that one of the properties of hairs on the human body is that they keep on growing.
Maybe it is just oxidated (so black) tallow in the pores? Well, maybe not, in that case you wouldn't have been able to pluck them out.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't each pore a hair folicle?

You know hairs on face don't grow like hairs elsewhere.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an idea. If those black things are hairs, they should respond to bleaching with Hydrogen Peroxyde. So just get a bleaching solution, try it on other part of body to be sure it really bleaches hair and then apply on nose. Don't keep it too long cause it may cause your epidermis to flake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: