Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Cheap copper peptide gel: Procyte Iamin Hydrating Gel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discohouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Cheap copper peptide gel: Procyte Iamin Hydrating Gel Reply with quote

Dr. Todorov, I found this really cheap popper peptide gel. It's called Procyte Iamin Hydrating Gel.
The ingredients are as follows:
Purified Water, Glycerin, Carbomer, Benzyl Alcohol, Prezatide Copper Acetate, Sodium Chloride
It says on the website that the "Prezatide Copper Acetate" is GHK-Cu.
It's only about US$15, but is there a catch to this?
Do you know, or does anybody know whether this product's concentration is safe to use all over the skin? Or is it too weak?
Any feed back on anybody who has used this product?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Iamin was developed for wound healing. Prezatide Copper Acetate is GHK-Cu at ration 2:1 (if I recall correctly).

If this is the same formulation designed for wound healing it may not necessarily optimal for wrinkles. The problem is that there aren't (as far as I know) any good comparative studies of different formulation of CP for wrinkles.
Discohouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you mean to say we don't know what ratio of GHK-Cu has been used in the studies for wrinkles? If that's so...how do I know what brand of GHK-Cu I should be looking out for? I'm confused, and I want to use a proper product that is strong enough, but I don't know what really works. I'm using Tretinoin Cream every other night, and I switch it with Neutrogena Visibly Firm Serum, which I heard doesn't contain very much GHK-Cu....I know you don't usually recommend any brand name products since you don't want to be affiliated with any one company, but is there anybody out there that can tell me what Copper Peptides to look out for that are also affordable? I'm in a big mess.....
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I mean that most published CP research was done on wounds and fibroblast tissue cultures (mostly with GHK-Cu 2:1). There's not enough data to definitively determine optimal concentrations and vehicles for topical anti-wrinkle use. Various companies have their own proprietary research on that, but it is not peer reviewed, not generally available and may be biased.

Last edited by drtodorov on Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Discohouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand all that you have said. Thank you so much for all your information on answering my questions, Dr. Todorov.
Renay Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: drtodorov Reply with quote

I noticed from reading some of your posts you seems to have a lot of knowledge on skin care products and skin in general and hormones and the type of stuff I would like to learn about. Please can you educate me on copper peptide and would you happen to know any information on argireline? :)
Monica34

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Iamin is good Reply with quote

The Iamin gel has the exact same GHK as Neova and the first generation of Dr.Pickart's GHK copper products. Those were the original studies on wrinkle reduction.Neutrogena's ratio is 1:1 and Iamin,Neova and the latest GHK products by Dr.Pickart have a ratio of 2:1 making it more stable which is better. It was Dr.Pickart's 2nd generation which has not been studied much in terms of wrinkle reduction.

I use Iamin myself and like it :)

HTH Monica

aaaskindoctor.com/skinrejuv2.html

GHK Copper Peptides

Studies are compelling regarding the effectiveness of copper when combined with a GHK protein peptide (GHK-CU). A study performed upon 20 volunteers showed that after 30 days, the formation of ProCollagen, a precursor of Collagen, increased 70% (shown by skin biopsy) compared with 50% formation from Vitamin C and 40% due to Tretinoin, respectively. This means that GHK Copper Peptides are highly effective in the skin rejuvenation process.

A peptide naturally found in human skin and tissue, GHK (glycyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine), binds copper molecules, allowing them to arrive in an active state where needed. This peptide is now chemically synthesized in the laboratory. Known as Prezatide Copper Acetate (Neova), it is capable of being used by the skin.

Three interesting studies performed by James Leyden, M.D. of the University of Pennsylvania (and sponsored by Neutrogena) were presented at the March 2002 American Academy Meeting which determined the effectiveness and benefits that GHK Copper Peptides provided in skin rejuvenation. One also compared the GHK Copper Peptide to retinol while another compared it to Vitamin K (for eye region). The GHK Copper Peptide gave impressive results in both studies with little irritation.

Many have asked what the difference is between Prezatide Copper Acetate (Neova) and Copper Tripeptide (Neutrogena Visibly Firm). Both are effective GHK Copper Peptides. The Copper Tripeptide (Neutrogena) is a 1:1 ratio of the GHK molecule to copper and the Prezatide Copper Acetate (Neova) is a 2:1 ratio of GHK to copper, binding more charged sites on the copper molecule making it more protected for active transport.

With this double protection, Neova should theoretically be more resilient to use in medically directed skin care regimens where a patient may be using more aggressive products (low pH AHA’s or other compounds) where the chemical structure of the complimentary product would try to split off the protective carrier and leave the copper without the GHK. Even with this added boost to try to prevent neutralization of the copper, I would not directly layer it with an acidic product but use them at different times of the day.
emi123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: problem with benzoyl alcohol? Reply with quote

I was going to get some of this since it seems cheap and to have the right ratio.

I wanted to look for non comedogenic products bc my face also breaks out easily, and I ran across the skinbiology site . I was checking the ingredients in the Iamin, and noticed the following on the skinbiology site

I don't know whether it's opinion or scientific fact:

"Benzoyl alcohol should never be used as a preservative for wound healing products, since it inhibits the replication of wound fibroblasts. "

from this page:

.skinbiology.com/copperpeptideregeneration.html#reversal

under subheading- Importance of Careful Formulation of Copper Peptide Complexes

-it's more than 3/4 down the page if anyone is interested.... I know so little about this, but really want to find a good product to reduce the inflammation and healing on my skin from ocassional acne.

Does anyone have any comments?
emi123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and, if the neutrogena seems like another cheap option , does the 1:1 ratio actually make it risky, in that something will be somewhat unstable and some unintended reaction would take place?

I would definitely consider the brands you are mentioning but need to try a cheaper product for the time being

Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: