Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Need help for dry skin with acne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anessa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Need help for dry skin with acne Reply with quote

I'm 22 years old and have never had acne until about three years ago. I've always had a good skincare routine, cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing, but the problem is now I'm breaking out but my skin is still dry and flaky. I've tried many different brands of mositurizers and cleansers (l'oreal, ponds, the body shop tea tree, cetaphil, etc), but nothing works. i believe the breakouts are hormonal (i'm still trying to find a contraceptive that i like), but i need a good moisturizer and cleanser to stop the peeling. Any suggestions?
yulkin2002

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use condoms (I'm serious)
if you do wish to stay on the pill, try rose water as a cleanser, it doesn't dry out the skin. My friend who had a similar problem uses it now and it stops the peeling and flakiness.
Hope this helps & good luck!
nyonyakay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yulkin2002 wrote:
use condoms (I'm serious)
if you do wish to stay on the pill, try rose water as a cleanser, it doesn't dry out the skin. My friend who had a similar problem uses it now and it stops the peeling and flakiness.
Hope this helps & good luck!

Actually, many women get a prescription for the pill specially to treat hormonal acne! I count myself as one of them.

Rose water smells lovely, but doesn't have any special pore cleansing properties. Beta hydroxy acid (or salicyclic acid) is great for deep pore cleaning, and is nowhere near as harsh/strippng/drying as benzoyl peroxide formulations. Look for BHA cleansers or toners.
yulkin2002

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyonyakay wrote:

Actually, many women get a prescription for the pill specially to treat hormonal acne! I count myself as one of them.

Rose water smells lovely, but doesn't have any special pore cleansing properties. Beta hydroxy acid (or salicyclic acid) is great for deep pore cleaning, and is nowhere near as harsh/strippng/drying as benzoyl peroxide formulations. Look for BHA cleansers or toners.

Yes I am aware of that, but it's a different story. From Anessa's post it seems that her acne started as a result of using the oral contraceptives (correct me if I'm wrong). Rose water is a perfect natural cleanser, however if you wish to use a chemical-based one instead - it's your personal choice.
Salicylic acid's side effects include burning, redness and peeling skin, which seems the very problem Anessa is trying to combat.
skinyouth7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Goji juice really helps Reply with quote

I never thought it would be possible, I used to get three or four acne breakout every five days.

But since I started drinking the Gojilania goji juice and eating dried gojies as a snack , I haven't gotten a breakout for the past 3 weeks.

I have been drinking this juice for almost 3 weeks now.

I never thought it would work for me..hope it continues to work....

Also if it could help with my hairloss as other people say in the testimonials , it would be good too...
couture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with yulkin2002's advice - use condoms!
lamumof2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Aloe Vera Plant Reply with quote

For your skin use the juice from the Aloe Vera Plant - it works wonders for your skin. I use a skin care line that uses aloe vera for the base instead of the water that most skin care lines use. But the cheap way and best way is to just buy you an aloe vera plan and use the juice.
lilypotter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimples are embarrassing and can be frustrating when trying to get rid of them. Natural ways are best to treat pimples. I wish to say few methods:

1) One way to get rid of pimples fast is the use of garlic. To get the pimple fighting benefits of garlic, massage it on your face a few times a day for about a week. You will notice a difference within a week of doing this.
2) Drinking water is another way to get rid of your pimples fast. Your body if loaded with toxins, which causes you to breakout. By drinking water, you will flush all of the toxins out of your body. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
3) Another effective way to get rid of pimples fast is the use of apricot juice. Apply some apricot juice onto the area of your body that has pimple. Rub it in for 10 minutes everyday. Or until your pimples are cleared up.
4) Toothpaste is another way to get rid of pimples fast. Apply toothpaste onto your pimples and allow it to stay there overnight. When you wake up, wash it off. This is extremely effective at getting rid of pimples.
5) Eating healthy. One way to get rid of pimples fast is to eat healthy. Avoid junk foods and The foods you should eat includes whole wheat foods, lean meats (chicken breast, tuna, turkey), nuts, veggies, fruits, and other health foods.
Bee56

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you get rose water? do you have to make it? And for the people who have been saying "use condoms", I think most women these days either go on or stay on the pill for reasons other than sex. I would suggest maybe talking to your gynecologist about your problem and switching your pill because different pills have different estrogen levels which may be the problem. Also make sure you're not over washing your face because that is sometimes the cause of breakouts. Hope this helps!
bevans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say start drinking a ton of water and changing the way we eat can help too.
Ceeport

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever tried to apply homemade masks? Especially those which contain olive oil. They really help to reduce dryness.
Selenite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here.

Some basic anti-acne stuff:

Exfoliate- a good bha will take care of that.

Disinfect- tea tree oil, honey, benzoyl peroxide, etc. I like honey because it's not irritating and is moisturizing.

Getting rid of inflammation- have you tried niacinamide? I use it and love it as a mask. I got the recipe from skingeek . com. Take a 500 mg capsule and combine it with a couple of drops of water. Then apply it to the skin and leave on for at least 30 minutes.

Many others here can go into better depth than me.
Julia Bartlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acne with dry skin is a rough combo. Try going with a water based/oil free moisturizer like Nuetrogena's.
swati123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try out virgin coconut oil for dry skin care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: