Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Tiny Black Specks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Tiny Black Specks Reply with quote

I'm in my mid 40's and I am getting very tiny black specs on my nose area. You can't see them unless you're pretty close to my face, but I think they bug my wife, so that's why I"m asking about them. They are very hard to get off. It's like someone glued pepper to my nose. I have to dig my fingernail or a credit card into the black spec and scrape it off.

What causes theses? Is there an easier way to get rid of them?

And, most importantly, does this mean I"m going to go through a 2nd Puberty?? :)
sweetcakes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have blackheads

there are lots of treatments on the market to get rid of them its not a problem
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetcakes wrote:
you have blackheads

there are lots of treatments on the market to get rid of them its not a problem

Can you name a few? It's been a long time since I've had trouble with acne!!
sweetcakes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for treatment you will need to use products with active enzymes in them like aha glycolic acid latic cid salicylic acid etc these will loosen up the dead skin and melt it away

then after you have cleansed the face use an astringent on the face you can get things that have withc hazel in it and rose water

then you can apply benzoyl peroxide on the areas it can be drying so dont over use it you may find the skin peels

and then use an oil free face cream

but you have to exfoliate becuase you need to turn over the skin cells and stop them blocking the pores
always go for the active ingredients and in a week i bet you will see a big diference!
sweetcakes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mankind.co.uk/banishblackheads.asp
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetcakes wrote:
for treatment you will need to use products with active enzymes in them like aha glycolic acid latic cid salicylic acid etc these will loosen up the dead skin and melt it away

then after you have cleansed the face use an astringent on the face you can get things that have withc hazel in it and rose water

then you can apply benzoyl peroxide on the areas it can be drying so dont over use it you may find the skin peels

and then use an oil free face cream

but you have to exfoliate becuase you need to turn over the skin cells and stop them blocking the pores
always go for the active ingredients and in a week i bet you will see a big diference!

Thx.
sheellah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself some 2% salicylic acid skin wipes or a skin toner or gel with 2% of it. You can also get Clinique's Exfoliating lotion. Apply these once or twice a day depending on how much irritation they cause, and your blackheads will be gone in no time. You might also want to get a sponge called a Buf-Puf to use with soap to exfoliate your skin when you wash.
organicsoapgal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to any products with salysilic acid
jones10021

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem - little tiny specks on my nose (around the tip). If these were blackheads, wouldn't I be able to squeeze them out. I tried but it doesn't seem like anything is coming out. What should I do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: