Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Is Topical Beta Glucan Enough to Penetrate Bloodstream?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trav859

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Is Topical Beta Glucan Enough to Penetrate Bloodstream? Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Todorov and everyone else,

I'm trying to purchase a non-oral supply of glucan (oat or B. yeast) for stronger immunity since I figured it's 5 times cheaper and I am really short of money.

I was thinking of using a base cream like NOW Foods MSM Liposome Lotion and then heat it afterwards. Apparently heating would help? I just read it somewhere about a case of Leukemia where the person was held as guinea pig and applied EGCG plus a hot cream into his lymph areas (armpits, neck, groin). Will it work the same? How can I determine if it's possible to go through the bloodstream and in what percentage? THANKS! :oops: :oops: :oops:
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you trying to achieve? Getting beta-glucan into systemic circulation via topical applicaiton?
trav859

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
What are you trying to achieve? Getting beta-glucan into systemic circulation via topical applicaiton?

Yes, doc :oops:
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to say w/o measurements, but even when BG gets into the dermis it may not find its way into systemic circulation in any significant amount. It is likely that you'd get a better absorption via oral route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Other Actives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: