Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

My Skin Care Routine..What Do You Think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bossman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: My Skin Care Routine..What Do You Think? Reply with quote

These are the things i use and when i use them. Is there anything I should take out or start using in my routine??

Face cleanser with salyic acid - daily
exfoliator - every 2 days
alcohol free toner - daily
moisturiziner cream with q10 - daily
eye reviver cream - daily
peel off mask with beta hydroxy - 2 times a week
5% benzoyl peroxide cream - on any pimples and blemishes i see
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add sunscreen with UVA protection.
lamumof2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: toxic ingredient directory very helpful Reply with quote

have you looked at all the chemicals in those products? I know the hydroxy acid has chemicals for sure and so do toners. You can check out your products ingredients on the toxic ingredient website I use the one on NaturesWay2go.com. It is very helpful and you can see for yourself what chemicals are in your products. I have had to get away from all chemicals and now use only organic Miessence products. I use very little skin care products I think less is best.
sdguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: toxic ingredient directory very helpful Reply with quote

I'm confused, I've read a number of places that moisturizers/lotions that lock in moisture are a good thing. Then I followed your link to naturesway2go and it says mineral oil (Liquidum paraffinum) is bad because it "coats the skin like plastic, clogging the pores. Interferes with skin's ability to eliminate toxins, promoting acne and other disorders. Slows down skin function and cell development, resulting in premature aging." What am I missing? Is my lotion actually harming my skin or is this misinformation?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just the usual superstitious hysteria comming from 'all-natural' sites. The mineral oil is associated with gasoline and chemical industry so let's blame everything imaginable on it. They don't have a shred of proof of their claims in terms of published peer reviewd article. Science is substituted with nothing-explaining theories about some 'toxins'.

What is most important is to observe your skin. If it feels good with your moisturizer, then it's good no matter what anyone says. In fact many people claim that their good skin is due to using petroleum jelly at night.
sdguy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks orangehrzn, should've known better than to take those claims seriously. Keep all the great info coming!
jamesherried

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
It's just the usual superstitious hysteria comming from 'all-natural' sites. The mineral oil is associated with gasoline and chemical industry so let's blame everything imaginable on it. They don't have a shred of proof of their claims in terms of published peer reviewd article. Science is substituted with nothing-explaining theories about some 'toxins'.

What is most important is to observe your skin. If it feels good with your moisturizer, then it's good no matter what anyone says. In fact many people claim that their good skin is due to using petroleum jelly at night.

What proof do you have that mineral oil does not clog the pores? Until you provide proof, you can't safely assume that it doesn't clog the pores. Some dermatologists claim that it does, and they're not necessarily ones pushing the "all-natural" approach.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Petroleum jelly at night doesn't break ME out. In my church, my first hand experience overrides anything claimed by somebody else, even medical articles and especially amateur dermatologists that have proven to me 10000 times they have no clue of anything related to skin. In order for an oil to 'clog pores' it has to solidify, no such thing with mineral oil. Getting a pimple or two when you use vaseline, doesn't prove vaseline caused it. It can be your hormones, your regular breakout or whatever. Now if you NEVER ever have breakouts and then you breakout from product containing mineral oil, then you can say SOMETHING in the product breaks you out but it's not necessarily the mineral oil. People usually say 'the mineral oil did it' simply because of its bad publicity.

Analogously, people blame accutane for anything imaginable due to bad publicity. Contrary to that, my first hand experience was all positive with low doses accutane. There was even one study where they told the patients they were given accuten, when actually it was placebo. Needless to say, most patients 'observed' that bad negative effects expected from accutane. What more can I say about human objectivity?

So negative reports of a product have to be properly analyzed taking into account that most everyday people are not properly trained to observe and analyze. I usually I take the raw information in the report but reject the interpretation unless the person really shows analytical skills.

2. Paula Begoun has a diatribe about the supposedly bad mineral oil and gives references to medical articles, which I havent read :
cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=178

3. Reviews on makeupalley give petroleum jelly pretty high rating for a product, 4.4 out of 5 with 88% will buy it again. Very few products have such high rating

makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=58013/Vaseline_Petroleum_Jelly/Vaseline/Moisturizers
Valie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you read all those reviews on makeupalley you'll see that they all use the vaseline mostly for lips, elbows, dry feet...almost everbody says that leaving it on the face cause them break out.
fxr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'These are the things I use and when I used them..."

Be sure to add a sun-block of at least 15%-30% spf and it MUST be worn daily to help prevent future signs of aging. It has to contain zinc oxide (better for sensitive skin) or avobenzone.

If you're skin is beginning to show age, a mild retin-a, retinoid product at night would also be a great addition. You can research the proved results of this ingredient on this web site.
healthissue4qs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
Add sunscreen with UVA protection.

Hi!

Im 24 and I am only using clear facial cleanser at night, moisturizer during the day, using a herbal papaya soap before but now i changed to another papaya soap which im planning to switch with the old one, since ive been using it for 6 years.

My face is pimple free and smooth, but id like it to be just white. But i'm scared to try new stuff because it might not be good for my skin.

Also, I don't have much sleep because of my work and im getting worried because i think i look horrible now than before.

Any advice please. Thank you!
Jane84

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your routine sounds great, how much time does it take daily to perform all these things?
annamorr30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much time you take to cover it in a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: