Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

A question to Dr. Todorov please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vitochkas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: A question to Dr. Todorov please Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Todorov,

I have found a complex Vitamin E which looks to me as an alternative to the Vitamin E by Olympian Labs as I cannot buy the latter anywhere in the UK.
Do you think it is a good alternative? I want to apply it under my eyes. How should I use it?

Many thanks to you.

V.

Here is the link: revital.co.uk/AOR_Total_E

Dosage: 445mg
Size: 60Sgels
Price: £22.50

Product Description:
AOR Total E 445mg, 60 softgels.

AOR Total E is a premier vitamin formulation. It is the first truly balanced and complete vitamin E supplement. The E vitamins are a fat-soluble complex of vitamins that help to neutralize potentially harmful free radicals in the body. As well as their potent antioxidant properties, studies have shown the E vitamins to be helpful in the fight against heart disease, circulatory problems, certain skin conditions and immune function - particularly in the elderly.

Total E is far beyond the average vitamin E supplement; it is not just alpha-tocopherol, and not just "mixed tocopherols" either. The E-complex is actually made up of eight distinct molecules: four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. Research shows that each molecule has its own unique functions but that they may also act synergistically. Co-Enzyme Q10 is also included in this formulation as a fat-soluble antioxidant recycling couple to the E-complex.

One of the key benefits of the tocotrienols is their ability to reduce cholesterol synthesis, by reducing the activity of HMG-CoA reductase, a key enzyme in this process. Alpha-tocopherol supplements have been shown to interfere with this action in animal experiments.

Extracellular fluid pressure plays a key role in the regulation of blood pressure, and high extracellular fluid pressure puts you at risk of congenstive heart failure, cardiac fibrosis, and liver cirrhosis. It was recently found that gamma-tocopherol and gamma-tocotrienol, but not alpha-tocopherol, help control extracellular fluid pressure through a key metabolite.

INGREDIENTS:
One Softgel of AOR Total E provides:
•Tocopherols 365mg
•d-alpha-tocopherol 98iu 65mg
•d-beta-tocopherol 8mg
•d-gamma-tocopherol 210mg
•d-delta-tocopherol 82mg
•Tocotrienols 50mg
•d-alpha-tocotrienol 15mg
•d-beta-tocotrienol 0.6mg
•d-gamma-tocotrienol 28mg
•d-delta-tocotrienol 6.3mg
•Co-Enzyme Q10 30mg

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
•Olive oil, rosemary oil, ascorbyl palmitate, carob extracts and caramel.
•May contain beeswax
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no established standard for optimal E mix yet, so one can't say for sure. This one appears acceptable.
rosef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosemary oil can lower the seizure threshold. Be careful. Otherwise, great find.
Vitochkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rosemary oil can lower the seizure threshold".

What does this really mean? Can rosemary oil have any adverse affects on the skin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Antioxidants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: