Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

ChocolateRAVE good for your skin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qutee22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: ChocolateRAVE good for your skin? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard that this kind of chocolate is good for your skin and helps with weight loss?

I see the before and afters, but wondering if anyone has tried it here
Sophie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes actually - I asked the same question on another board about this product and it really is good for your skin. I ordered some and have been eating it daily - man is it ever good. I feel better and my skin does look better.
qutee22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophie wrote:
Yes actually - I asked the same question on another board about this product and it really is good for your skin. I ordered some and have been eating it daily - man is it ever good. I feel better and my skin does look better.

Does it really help for weight loss too?
Sophie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is good for weight loss also. I am a thin diabetic - it really helps me with my sweet tooth a lot and keeps me from pigging out on bad stuff. I just can't say enough good things about this chocolate. Like nothing I've ever tried before.
jamesherried

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to get the health benefits of cocoa (for your overall health, skin and otherwise) is to use organic raw cocoa seeds (actually they look like almonds, and are about the same size). They taste terrible though, and most people who eat them will either spit them right out, or swallow them and gag. So I just grind them up in a coffee grinder to make a powder, then put the fresh raw cocoa powder in a protein shake to make it more palatable. Raw, organic cocoa should theoretically be even better for your health (and your skin) than green tea, as it has 20 times the antioxidant power (ORAC) of green tea, and it contains the same bioflavonoids that green tea has (catechins), plus others not found in green tea.
If, however, you choose to get your cocoa by eating chocolate, it's best to eat organic, dark chocolate that's at least 70% cocoa. It should be organic, because if not, it may have been processed with alkali, which removes a lot of the antioxidants. And although eating dark chocolate is not as good as eating raw, organic cocoa seeds, it still has 5 times the antioxidants of green tea, and it tastes better than raw chocolate. The best brand of organic, dark cholocate that I've found is the one made by Trader Joe's. And its a lot cheaper than the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: