Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Difference between??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Difference between?? Reply with quote

Can you please tell me what the difference is between Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate??? I see that some Vit. C serums have HA as the base and others such as the skinceuticals brand have the Sodium Hyaluronate. Which is better?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are forms of the same substance. Sodium hyaluronate is a salt derived from hyaluronic acid, e.g. by buffering it with an alkali such as bicarbonate. It does not matter if ascorbic acid (vit C) product contains sodium hyaluronate or hyaluronic acid as long as the product's pH remains acidic. Note that neutral vitamin C products to not seem to be as effective. However, if you get irritation from acidic products, you should rather use vitamin C derivatives. See my article http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/vitcderiv.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply,

Do you know where I can find these Vitamin C derivatives? The only one I have been able to locate is ascorbyl palmitate.

Thanks!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think other derivatives are currently sold in retail as pure chemicals. You'll have to find products that contain them.
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you could see this question coming :) ....
Do you know of any products currently on the market that contain these ingredients and in the right amounts to be effective? I'm finding that the amounts aren't listed in most cases. Could you possibly recommend?
Thanks again!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Environ's C-Boost if I recall. But it's best to ask manufacturer for the concentration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: