Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Cp serum Skinbiology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powder77

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Cp serum Skinbiology Reply with quote

Dear Dr Todorov .
I Use from 4 month Eluage gel By Avenč under eyes area in the night.
I use twice day also TNS recovery complex Skinmedica , Triceram and sunscreen .
How to Insert Cp serum skinbiology in my beauty routine??
I think to insert cp serum after 3 month of TNS recovery complex.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is often counterproductive to use too many products at the same time. In any case, start with doing a test patch of CP outside your face for couple of weeks or more and make sure you don't have any negative effects.
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. T,
I was looking at the SkinBio site & noticed an ingredient in the CP Serum that I never saw before - it's "2-bromo-2-nitropane-1,3-diol". I had no idea what it is so I googled it. I guess it's also called "Bronopol", which is a preservative used in paper mills? It said that it hasn't been used since the 1070's in cosmetics because it releases Nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic and breaks down in water to formaldyhyde. Is this something I should worry about? I have been using SkinBio's CP Serum for almost 2 years now (not every day, but still..) Do you think this ingredient is safe to use? Thanks!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By itself, it is not a nitrosamine but a somewhat related compound. However, it can possibly help generate nitrosamines under UV light, heat and/or perhaps in the presence of certain catalysts (possibly even copper ions). Hard to guess the real impact. A specific formulation under particular conditions of use needs to be tested for nitrosamines and other reaction by-products to be definitive.

Keep in mind that some rather low level of nitrosamines are generated within normal biochemistry. - just like some levels of oxygen free radicals are.

Last edited by drtodorov on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DR. T! It just sounded kind of scary, since I have never heard of it before & don't really understand about nitrosamines. But it is the last ingredient ater the parabens, so it should be a very small amount...I'm not as worried now. Thanks~ :)
Siriusalien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: I give up Reply with quote

I'm studying my facial;
skin for the umptenth time this week and have determined:
Yes, I do see some improvement in my NL folds and brow furrows. But I don't think the slight improvement is worth the red, dry, generaly irritated look my face now has become.
i have perservered for a year using, by instruction, greater concentrations of acids and CPs. It's time to stop :x
Now I need a good, basic, SOOTHING, line of products- No HA please.
I am 50, now with red skin, but otherwise little wrinkeling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: