Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

matrixyl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: matrixyl Reply with quote

I was looking at the stock solution of matrixyl : $39.50 for 1 oz . $130.50 for 4 oz.
It cost more than the OTC matrixyl cream .
the question to consider is being more expansive than OTC is it better to DYI when considering matrixyl ? is DIY better or freshness & concentration is not an issue with OTC cream ?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to compare freshness since the stock solution may have the same freshness problems - it is not a dry ingredient and therefore can degrade upon storage similarly to the commercial cream.

Last edited by drtodorov on Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjdavis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: matrixyl Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I was looking at the stock solution of matrixyl : $39.50 for 1 oz . $130.50 for 4 oz.
the question to consider is being more expansive than OTC is it better to DYI when considering matrixyl ? is DIY better or freshness & concentration is not an issue with OTC cream ?

Wait, that is one ounce of pure palmitoyl pentapeptide, isn't it. You would dilute it to make a 3-5 p.p.m. formula so it is way cheaper.
cjdavis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: matrixyl Reply with quote

guest wrote:

Okay, yeah I just checked again and the personal formulator says "To a 4oz cream for 8% use level, add 9.07g or 2/3 TBS" so if you purchased 1 fl. oz. you would get 3 doses, which would make 12 oz. of 8% cream for $40. Regenerist is sold in 1.7 ounce bottles for around $18 so it would take about 7 bottles at a cost of $126. Also nobody knows what potency P&G uses in their regenerest line but Sederma mandates that they use at least 3 p.p.m. but I would be surprised if they used 8%
Susan0001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I am not a scientist so I don't quite understand (or am just too lazy to try very hard to comprehend. Bottom line, which was the least expensive?
cjdavis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan0001 wrote:
Ok, I am not a scientist so I don't quite understand (or am just too lazy to try very hard to comprehend. Bottom line, which was the least expensive?

making your own is around 2/3 cheaper (and probably more potent in terms of concentration of palmitoylpentapeptide) w/o base cream.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: matrixyl Reply with quote

Chris,
thanks for pointing this out -doing the maths ! it is cheaper & I thought it was more expansive. but you have the same issue of " freshness " with the Personal formulator as the OTC regenerist ? as Dr Todorov mentioned .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: