Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

eye serum will this work for darkcircles and depuffing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinyouth7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: eye serum will this work for darkcircles and depuffing Reply with quote

Ingredients : water/aqua/eau, pentylene glycol, passiflora incarnata flower extract, rosa centifolia flower extract, n-hydroxysuccinimide, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, dipeptide-2, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, propylene glycol, palmitoyl oligopeptide, steareth-20, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl arylate cross-polymer, hesperidin methyl chalcone, disodium edta, sodium citrate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate<iln32869>

Any idea if this will work ?
skinyouth7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: dr t ? Reply with quote

anyone????
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hesperidin methyl chalcone is known to have some activity to strengthen capillaries and veins; the usefulness of other ingredients for the stated purpose is unclear.
StRicky1013

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Helping to get rid of under eye dark circles... Reply with quote

First off, if you are wanting to " depuff " the bags under the eyes, using a product that it's first ingredient listed is " water " ...so I don't think if you are wanting to get rid of puffy eyes you don't want to add water to them. There are eye creams out there that insteasd of water being the first ingredient they use Grape extract ( Resveratrol is made from grapes, so grape extract is like the first building block of making Resveratrol ), otther ingredients used inn eye creams instead of water are Aloe, Shea Butter and I'm sure there aree many others...but it can be a bit difficult in finding eye products that do NOT have water as it's first ingredient listed.

Pentylene Glycol and Glycerin are both very good moisturizers. They attract moisture from the air and then it seals the moisture in the skin.

***Passiflora Incarnata Flower extract has been known as an anti-inflamitory has been an ingredient used in to help reduce the puffiness under the eyes. It has been known as an anti inflamatory because it has been used to lessen Hemorrhoids. In the past I have heard of Super Models applying Preparation H under their eyes the night(s) before their fashion shows because it helps keep the eyes from getting " puffy. "

***Rosa centifolia flower extract helps to tone and tighten the skin so this would be helpful in helping to rid the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

***N-Hydroxysuccinimide is used in cosmetics and beauty products as an ester often seen in eye creams. N-hydroxysuccinimide activates the elimination of blood originated pigments responsible for dark color and inflammation that causes under eye circles.

Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate is also known as Licorice Extract and is known for it's anti inflamitory abilities which would benefit in helping to "depuff" the under eye area, it is also known as a " skin lightening agent " because it helps to inhibit the production of melanin. Melanin has a big part for our hair color and when hair turns grey that means the body isn't producing melanin as much as it once did. Melanin is also known as what gives us our skin color and when melanin is exposed to the Sun's UV rays, thee melanin rises to the skins surface and when it is exposed to oxygen it turns brown and that is another word for a suntan, andd having a suntan is the body's natural defense from gettting a sunburn. By inhibiting the body's production of melanin, in time, that will help to lighten up the dark circles under the eyes and also uneven skin tones on the face and the small brown dots on our skin which is melanin concentrated in one place, so this ingredient helps to lighten the skin, but it is not something that will happen overnight. The skin rejuvinates itself every 28 days so when "new" skin is exposed it should be a little lighter than before and then 28 days later new skin comes up a bit lighter and so on and so on, so like I said itt is not something that hapeens overnight, etc...etc...so it will take time to help rid the dark circles under the eyes using a product with this ingredient in it but it will not only make the dark circles under the eyes lighter, it will make all of the skin on your body " lighter " because the amount of melanin is not being produced because this ingedient is inhibiting the production of melanin.

These ingredients, Sodium Hyaluronate is a great moisturizer. It can hold 1000 times it's weight in water. Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide all work together as anti aging, anti wrinkle ingredients They help the skin to produce more collagen and that helps to lessen and rid the look of fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area, the face and also all the skin on the body IF using a body moisturizer that has these ingredients in it.
***Dipeptide-2 is a peptide that was made specifically to help reduce under-eye puffiness that causes that “tired” look.

***Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone improves the appearance of the characteristic, bluish-black circles that can form under the eyes. The skin under the eyes is much thinner than on other parts of the face and body. As a result, dark bluish-black circles can form under the eyes, giving a tired and prematurely aged appearance. These discolored areas are the result of blood flowing through the capillaries that lie just under the surface of the thin, fragile skin, which is almost translucent. Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone strengthens the capillary walls and lowers the blood flow passing through the tiny blood vessels. It also prevents blood leaking out of the capillaries by reducing the permeability of the blood vessel walls. With stronger capillary walls and less visible blood flow, the skin loses its bluish-black hue.

The other ingredients at the end of the ingredient list are just fillers and preservatives.

That's it. I hope I was able to answer your queestion. There is one other thinng abour dark circles under the eyes, they can be genetic, meaning your mother and/ or your father probably had dark circles under their eyes and their parents etc... so it might be very difficul to completely rid the eye areas of dark circles and just start using or keep using an under eye concealer.

I didn't realize this post was so old...well maybe if you get this it might help you to still get some answers.

Good Luck !!!
Ricky :)

*** this means that the things I had added I copied and pasted them off of web sites I found on " GOOGLE " regarding those particular ingredients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: