Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

eggs whites for tightening the skin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesherried

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: eggs whites for tightening the skin Reply with quote

The wife of Dr. Phil (psychologist who appears on TV a lot) has a new book out sharing her beauty secrets, since so many people ask here why she has such great skin at age 55.

One beauty secret she shares is this:

Take whipped egg whites and spread them all over your face; let it dry for 20 minutes, then wash off. She claims that it tightens her skin and gives it a glow. Why it would do that, I don't know, but some may want to try it and see if they get simlar results.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another book wasting paper....

Egg masks 'tighten skin' cause the egg protein contracts when drying out and pull on the skin. It's a physical effect observed also with some gels due to similar contraction.

As soon as you wash off the eggs, the skin is back its previous state cause theres nothing to pull on it.
smart_lady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ i agree. i heard before the yogurt does have the same effect as egg whites. but it seems neither of them will tighten up the skin.

although, doesn't egg or yogurt have benefits other than supposedly tightening the skin?
etherealmuse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that the feeling of rigidity will vanish right after you wash. However, based on my personal experience egg whites (at first) made me feel stiff and sticky. Eventually, the tightening of the skin made me feel cleansed! I even obtain a noticeable glow! I guess this is due to the fact that the egg white pack draw-out the dust and other harsh elements from the pores.
MariannaJG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am not putting eggs on my face! If you want tightening of your skin, get a galvanic spa which will cost you. After a few visits into spa myself (and spending aver $100 each time) I just purchased my own hand held unit. It does a great job and only in 10 minutes instead of 1 hr long facial.
dbrown

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:

Egg masks 'tighten skin' cause the egg protein contracts when drying out and pull on the skin. It's a physical effect observed also with some gels due to similar contraction.

As soon as you wash off the eggs, the skin is back its previous state cause theres nothing to pull on it.

I like this reply very intelligent and straight to the point.
And might I add funny as well. lol That makes a lot of since.
jamesherried

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as tightening and toning the skin goes, some people swear that just washing your face repeatedly in really cold water each day will do it.
Better yet, they say to take a really cold shower each day.
NYSPYGUY

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egg whites stink! Yes they tighten but temporarily. Unfortunately you do need some science to get something to penetrate the skin. otherwise you are getting topical sensations and topical but no long term results. We might as well put all of our food we eat on our faces...they all have nutrients...right?
delta

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehazen wrote:

Quote:

I bought this book and agree with you 100%. In my opinion, the author used the book to build her self up and didn't actually offer much new information.
dbrown

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delta wrote:
orangehazen wrote:

Quote:

I bought this book and agree with you 100%. In my opinion, the author used the book to build her self up and didn't actually offer much new information.

Oh did she! Self absored hore!
kristey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Treating below the surface Reply with quote

The egg white trick along with other natural methods provide a temporary fix that doesn't penetrate into the skin. However there are new skin care products that are all natural, that use heat to penetrate into multiple layers of the skin. This provides a more lasting effect, that can actually reverse the signs of aging.

Thanks,
jamesherried

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Treating below the surface Reply with quote

kristey wrote:
The egg white trick along with other natural methods provide a temporary fix that doesn't penetrate into the skin. However there are new skin care products that are all natural, that use heat to penetrate into multiple layers of the skin. This provides a more lasting effect, that can actually reverse the signs of aging.

Thanks,

For that matter, topical moisturizers provide only a temporary fix also. If you have dry skin, you have to reapply the moisturizer regularly to keep your skin looking good. But moisturizers are a lot easier to use than egg whites, of course.
kaylove

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbrown wrote:

Oh did she! Self absored hore!

Is that really necessary?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: