Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Negative side effects of Laser Skin Tightening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Non-Invasive Procedures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PirateJack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Negative side effects of Laser Skin Tightening Reply with quote

Dr. Please help!

After doing a massive amount of research on laser skin tightening, and finding no negative side effects, I had my first treatment yesterday.

When I woke this morning, I found my chin and skin under my jaw swollen to at least 3 times the normal size!

I can't find anything online like this, and the person that did the procedure said that in 5 years he has never seen this before.

Obviously I have several questions...
1) is this permanent?
2) If not, how long will it take for the swelling to subside?
3) Should it subside, would it be smart to continue with the remaining treatments?
4) What caused this? Was the level set too high? Is it because I am a male and the facial hair reacted differently?

Thanks so much for any feedback.
PirateJack
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unlikely to be permanent. Swelling, large or small, typically goes away but I can't tell you how long it will take. Perhaps days. It is hard to say what caused this esp. with so little info. Thist sounds like an anaphylactic type of reaction, like the reaction to a bee sting, even though there doesn't seem an obvious reason for it here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Non-Invasive Procedures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: