Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Need Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REESIE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Need Advice Reply with quote

A good friend of mine comes to me for skincare advice, because I am an avid reader of the subject. She asked me what product will help firm her skin. And honestly I did not have an answer. It seems there isn't any product proven that firms skin without damaging it. Please tell me if I am wrong, because I WANT to be wrong.

About me, I am 32 and have average to upper average skin. In the sunlight you can see some age on me. I have fair skin, and I did everything you could possibly do wrong for my skin in my younger days. Right now, I do have some fine lines around my eyes, some fine forehead lines, and fine lines that run from my nose to my mouth. I have been looking for a product to help firm skin as well.

Back to my friend, I have been her personal trainer and she has come a long way by quitting smoking, and losing weight. She overall has improved her life greatly in the past year. Now she is looking for something to help her skin.

Does anyone have some vaild advice? Do they have a product that worked for them personally?

I would love to know. Is there really any type of miracle product that works, or is there even one that works a little.

I have read about everything from needling, laser resurfacing, and lotions. Anyways, I am looking for anyone with personal experience or knowledge of a firming product, or antiwrinkeling agent that actually works.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I am awaiting your response.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silence kind of speaks for itself ....

There isn't ingredient that helps sagging skin. Before the age of 40, the "sagging" is due primarily to loss of the underlying fat. Fat transfer and plastic surgery are the only solution - make sure you get a good plastic surgeon, that specializes in fat transfer, otherwise there could be a disastrous outcome.

Retinoids have mild effect on superficial wrinkles and soften motion wrinkles like crows feet but won't eliminate them. Basically retinoids are the only proven ingredients that actually do something. Botox is the only proven solution for motion wrinkles.

For making skin appear uniform healthy color, I highly recommend the Avene products with retinaldehyde - it's the only retinoid that calms irritation, all others cause it. If your friend's skin is not sensitive, put her directly on Retin-A, or maybe a combo regime, Retin-A for hard core exfoliation, followed by a few days of Avene retinaldehyde to calm irritation and restore uniform healthy skin color.

Please do not expect retinoids to 'shrink pores' or 'decrease oiliness'. That's a myth.
REESIE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your response Reply with quote

Oranghrzn. I will let her know your advice.
inidgelvitult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Need Advice Reply with quote

So yesterday outside of a show i was at, I bought a mixtape from this guy and he said he doesnt have a producer or anything like that. I really like his message and everything so I was wondering how I should have him listen to my beats. Should I just send him beats with no strings attached or should I direct him towards my soundclick? Any advice is appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: