Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Non-oily base cream for DIY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jouke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Non-oily base cream for DIY Reply with quote

Can anyone advise me a non-oily base cream which I can use to mix with some ingrdients like Co-Q10 powder, vit. E oil, pearl powder......

First I thought of the SkinsActives Canvas base cream, but I think it is way too rich for me for my skin gets very oily during the day after having used a too rich night cream, no matter how well I clean my face in the morning.

Thanks in advance!!
Jouke
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your description, your skin seems to be oily - produces excessive oil during the day. There are two types of bases you may find interesting in your case:

1. Base that is not oily by itself but can't mattify the skin oil produced during the day - try creams by "Personal Care", they are rather cheap and not oily.

2. Mattifying base that mattifies even the skin oil produced during the day - I don't know of any. A good mattifying silicone gel is Monistat Powder Gel but it is not suitable for a base - doesn't mix readily with everything and possibly will prevent/slow down absorbtion of actives. Monistat is best used as a separate top mattifying layer.
Jouke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orangehrzn! The cream doesnt need to mattify for I use it as a night cream. But strange enough my skin produces a lot more oil during the day after having used a rich nightcream than after having used a non-oily night cream. And of course I clean my fase in the morning very well and doesn't change my daily routine.
So probably your regime during the night has a long time influence.

I'll see if I can find Personal Care online.
Jouke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find "Personal Care" as a brand.
Do you know where to buy it?????
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy it in my local grocery store. Try also dollar stores and maybe walgreens, cvs.

Here is the company page :
personalcareproducts.org/bath_body.html

The aloe vera skin cream and vit E creams are good and non oily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: