Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

tea tree oil for acne bad? good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discohouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: tea tree oil for acne bad? good? Reply with quote

doctor, i want to add a few drops of tea tree oil to my moisturizer to help with my acne, but is it as bad for the skin as benzyl peroxide? i mean, does tea tree oil kill off good bacteria as well as bad, just like benzyl peroxide does? i don't want to age quicker because of this. i know that benzyl peroxide ages the skin...
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tea tree oil is not as bad for the skin as benzoyl peroxide because it is not an oxidizing agent. But it may not be as effective either.
Discohouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Doctor.
dell

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: tea tree oil for acne bad? good? Reply with quote

Discohouse wrote:
doctor, i want to add a few drops of tea tree oil to my moisturizer to help with my acne, but is it as bad for the skin as benzyl peroxide? i mean, does tea tree oil kill off good bacteria as well as bad, just like benzyl peroxide does? i don't want to age quicker because of this. i know that benzyl peroxide ages the skin...

I actually prefer to mix it with aloe vera. It makes pure tea tree oil a little less harsh. You can mix up a little spot treatment and store it in an old chapstick container.

Another thing you can do is add it to your bath.

Or you can mix it with plain yogurt to make a face mask. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: