Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Olive Oil Cleansing Method for dry/dehydrated skin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadiemay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Olive Oil Cleansing Method for dry/dehydrated skin? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Further to my other posts about my skin (super oily but tight and dry too!), lines, congstion, open pores etc..

I was wondering if anyone has used or is using the Oil Cleansing Method which seems to be one part extra virgin olive oil and also castor oil, massgaed onto face (even with makeup on) and then wiped off with a warm damp washcloth.

Anyone have any opinions or experience with this method? Alot of people seem to swear by this method of cleansing but I am a bit skeptical to try it.

Many thanks in advance
Sadiemay
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are many positive and negative reviews

makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=73176/Oil_Cleansing_Method_OCM/Unlisted_Brand/Cleansers

My opinion: oil is hard to remove with just wiping it off without containing an emulsifier and wiping with a hot washcloth can actually agravate skin as some of the reviews indicate. It's better to use a non comedogenic oil like avocado and then a tiny amount of mild regular cleanser to wash it off OR simply buy the so called CLEANSING OILS, I use the MAC CLEANSE OFF OIL which has a super high rating and dissolves makeup very effectively without stripping the skin when used in small amounts:

makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=54126/Cleanse_Off_Oil/MAC/Cleansers
Sadiemay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear orangehrzn,

Do you think MAC cleanse off oil would be worth me trying given the descriptions you have read of my skin?

Best wishes
Sadiemay
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but keep in mind that if you skin feels 'tight', it wants to shed off the upper layer, and you need to find what is causing such an exfoliation. Most probable cause is either the makeup you are usuing or the cleanser you use to remove it.

MAC oil is a very effective yet gentle cleanser, to make it milder even further, splash water on your face before you spay some MAC oil on it, then massage in a milky emulsion and rinse off with water.
Sadiemay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey orangehrzn,

I dont think its the make-up as I have used the same products for many years with no issue at all. And my skin only changed in the last 3 years and has got progressively worse in that time with regards to furrowed pores, wrinkles, deyhrated skin etc...

For the last two nights I have been using a mix of 50% EVOO and 50% Caster Oil to cleanse my skin by massaging it all over my face and leaving it for a couple of minutes and then I gentle wipe of with a warm dampened hand towel. So far no reaction and I am sure my skin feels a little less dr, also the pores on my nose seem a little less congested so maybe my past choices in cleansers and soaps have agrrevated the problem. I know its such early days though and my skin my well explode with rage at such a regime. I guess I can only see how it goes.

I will try the Mac Cleanse off oil if the Olive Oil and Castor Oil mix prove not suitable as I am really liking the idea of how gentle oil can be as a cleanser now I have done some reading up on it. I really am beginning to feel that the wrong method of cleansing or type of cleanser may have been a big contributor to the state of my skin.

Sadiemay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: