Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Copper Peptides
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guapagirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orangehrzn, I suggest that you perhaps had no reaction to CPs because there is actually nothing wrong with your skin. If you have roseacea, then so do 95% of the caucasian population, including my 10 year old daughter.

If you do not want it to get any worse, I suggest the following:
Stay indoors, especially if it is very hot or very cold or windy.
Do not drink any alcohol or caffine.
Do not exercise,
Do not have sex any more (including self love)
Do not get excited or angry about anything
Do not get old
Do not get pregnant (sorry, you can't have sex and you're a bloke anyway! I forgot)

You could maybe take up smoking, I found that when I gave up I got even more of a rosey bloom to my cheeks and the general greyness disappeared.

In all seriousnes, you look like you have lovely skin, so just look after it and quit worrying so much! :)

Boy am I gonna get flamed :?
Dee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha!!! :lol:
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently doing experiment to see if CopPep reduce inflamation after exfoliation. I kind of overdid the exfoliation - two times of 5 mins of 40% lactic acid (warning - do NOT do it, your skin will dissolve at small areas!).

Now here is the interesting part:

-- on area with only Emu Oil applied no wounds at all and skin feels calm [edit: actually they are some but I didn't noticed them cause they are a little redder than surrounding skin and a little routh to touch]

-- on area without anything applied - a few small wounds - they are like small acne scars - the acid dissolved the epidermis at small area

-- on area with skin biology Cop Pep MANY little wounds - it's like the CopPep stimulated it. On the other hand they are looking more brown - maybe they are healing faster - we will see at the end.

So far the preliminary result is that Emu Oil calmed the skin. CopPed are doing something - not clear exactly what but definitely not calming the irritation - the side with the CopPep feels more unpleasant than the area without anything. The area with Emu Oil fells like normal skin lol

Last edited by orangehrzn on Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP suppsedly activate the 2nd phase of wound healing. Assuming it's so, you may have applied them too early, i.e. in the first phase, where their effect may be quite different.
guapagirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
I am currently doing experiment to see if CopPep reduce inflamation after exfoliation. I kind of overdid the exfoliation - two times of 5 mins of 40% lactic acid (warning - do NOT do it, your skin will dissolve at small areas!).

I don't need the warning. I had a huge scar from a 50% glycolic acid burn last year, my skin disolved in huge areas!. I spent 2 months looking like I had leprosy. I no longer mess with acids!
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
CP suppsedly activate the 2nd phase of wound healing. Assuming it's so, you may have applied them too early, i.e. in the first phase, where their effect may be quite different.

You are quite right! The small wounds that were left untreated are almost closed while the ones treated with CopPep are still open - CP seems to DELAY healing when applied from the very begining. The ones treated only with skin biology Emu Oil (it seems to have high concentration of vit E - that may be important) have closed long time ago and are visible as red patches.

I realized what is going on so I applied Emu Oil on top of CopPep at two bigger wounds only. If they close before the smaller ones treated with CP only, that is a sure indication the Emu Oil is closing them.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what we know at this point, it may be best to apply CP after the wound is well closed but before the scar is fully formed, which basically is the second phase.

The purpose of the first phase of wound healing is too close the wound with irregular "quick fix" collagen and kill all microbres that may have got in. Then, in the second phase, the goal is to recycle the irregular "quick fix" collagen and replace with something more regular and permanenet. It's a simplification, but you can see how boosting 2nd phase may actually prolong 1st phase since you are recycling irregular "quick fix" collagen too early while microbes still keep getting in.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Emu Oil (or the Vit. E in it) seems to stimulate production of quick fix collagen - when I put it on wounds treated previously with CopPep that 'didn't want to close', they start to fill in and swell with something white. It is not a puss cause you can't wipe it off, it's a tissue. I am amazed how fast that happens - I put it on and after an hour I see the white thing swelling and filling the lesion.

On the other hand, the lesions that Emu closed from the very begining and were just 'red patches rough to touch' are not disappearing and since I don't want permanent scars I started applying CopPep on them. I felt a strong burning sensation when the CopPep penetrated the lession - it dissolved the top and reopened them. It is not a skin reaction cause reopening of the dermis occured only where the lession were, not on intact skin.

The scars treated only with CopPep from the very begining actually are doing better than the ones closed by Emu Oil. Remember I described them as 'not closed, a little brownish'. It seems they healed without closing and some on my temple just peeled off after I took a shower and dried out - without any scar - not even a red patch.

I applied Emu Oil on my whole face to see again the quick fix collagen filling in the lesions. I'll take some pics and then take a shower to wash Emu completely. Then I will continue applying only CopPep on the whole face assuming lessions are already in second phase.

So Emu and CopPep seem to be antagonists. That is funny cause most people that try to do 'skin remodeling' with skinbiology products apply both at the same time ...
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think "quick fix" collagen can form in an hour to the degree that you can easily see it.

Also, the fact that CP applied to the closed wound stings right away could mean one of the following: 1) the wounds are not well closed; 2) there is something in the vehicle, not necessarily the CP, that is irritating to the wound; 3) you have unusual sensitivity to CP; or 4) something else -- a single experience does not give much room to generalize.
guapagirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:

So Emu and CopPep seem to be antagonists. That is funny cause most people that try to do 'skin remodeling' with skinbiology products apply both at the same time ...

...except that most users of CPs and emu oil don't tend to apply them onto raw wounds.

From your description of skin timgling, it sounds like you are having a reaction to the serum. I have applied to raw wounds and never felt anything at all. Mind you, my skin is like a Rhinos these days!
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a reaction to the serum cause I was applying it before the acid burn several time lavishly all over my face (without dilution or anything) and I didn't feel anything. Also, that is a little subjective, but I think I feel the burn only at wounds not in intact skin, so it is either connected to better penetration of the serum there or simply the serum reacts only with wound tissue and the intact tissue doesn't care about it. We will see after I heal how the skin will react to it.

Also I know some people that applied Emu Oil after acid burns I guess on the wounds. From my acid burn experience, Emu is good only in the initial phase cause you get fewer wounds, it closes them fast and the whole healing is below the surface. It is unclear though if it's a good idea to use Emu after the wounds close - I was experiencing red marks that didn't seem to go away with Emu - but maybe they would, given some time. When I applied the CP serum on those, it reopened them, now all wounds have dark crusts and I stopped application of CP. I am waiting for the crusts to peel and then will start CP again to remove red marks if any.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The small crusts peeeled without leaving a mark. One of the big ones peeled too (I helped it quite a lot lol) and left red mark which probably would go away on it's own but will take time.

Now I want to compare how Emu and CP help dissolving the post-wound red marks. I applied CP on the big red mark and Emu on several smaller ones (since I don't believe Emu helps with that phase).

The one with CP on it tingled a little but not like the burn I was experiencing before. Also in about an hour it formed very tiny brownish crusts (the same brownish color crusts I saw when CP reopened wounds 'healed' by Emu, only this time smaller). The crusts are not over the whole red mark but seem to follow skin 'scratches' where the epidermis is not totally closed - you know when u have a wound, it crusts and when the first crust falls off there are still places that are not totally closed, it forms crusts there, they fall off and usually at this time it's gone. I think the CP accelerated that process.
Allyssa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that when using copper peptides you should stop for a while? what are the skin "rules" for using copper peptides? I just started and I want to get the best results. thanks, Allyssa
bevinc81

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alyssa, have you noticed any new changes so far?
bevinc81

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alyssa, have you noticed any new changes so far?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: