Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Age to start using Anti-Ageing Cream- Quest. for Dr. Todorov
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 40 Reply with quote

concernedpoised wrote:
I'm 40. What anti-aging products should I use?

I'd really recommend reading through the articles. Dr Todorov has done a great job of breaking it down into easy-to-ready sections for people just like yourself who may want the "gist" without getting into the nitty gritty of it all.

Go back to the homepage and take a look. If you can, consider buying the ebooks like I did as they're a great source of information and naturally help support the site! besides, they more than pay for themselves when you consider the money you can save by making your own cosmetics.

Finally, as mentioned elsewhere, sunscreen really is the most important thing. COTZ, Fallene Total Block, and La Roche's Anthelios are probably the best out there.
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
It should be understood that I cannot provide specific personal advice in the context of a bulletin board (w/o medical history, examination, etc.), especially since one of the creams you are using is RX (tazrotene) and I am not a clinician.

From a general standpoint, CE ferrulic in your case seems superfluous at present. Reducing the concentration of Tazarotene to the lowest one effective to control your acne would also appear reasonable (among other things -- because as far as retinoids are concerned, higher strength does not necessarily mean higher effectiveness, at least above a certain level). Anyway, this is something you should discuss with your dermatologist.

May I ask what it is you are specifically? I always wondered lol.

I'll look to reduce tazoratene and perhaps when I formulate my own CE Ferulic make it a weaker dose.

I'm still really wanting to incorporate a PQQ/MitoQ mitochondria-targetted antioxident into my regimen.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the site here: smartskincare.com/about/author.html
Kelli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Anti aging wrinkles Reply with quote

Just turned 32 and starting to see a few lines coming through and would like to start to use an anti wrinkle cream. Can anyone suggest me a good product. I have a fair complexion with plenty of freckles so need to up my colour to stop them standing out so much!One of my friend had used the vivierskin products and it worked for her.
Any advice at all would be great as there is so much out there not sure which way to go.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. It can still make a noticeable difference.
nicola_bop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Age to start using Anti-Ageing Cream- Quest. for Dr. Tod Reply with quote

deepika saini wrote:
Hello

I am a 28yrs old woman. I have been using Olay Anti-Ageing Moisturizer for past few days. Though my skin has yet not started showing signs of ageing. My friends have suggested that I should not use anti-ageing products as these eventually may end up damaging my skin. Kindly suggest;

1. Should I stop or continue using Anti-Ageing products?

In Case I should discontinue;

2. What is the right age to use anti-ageing products?

Deepika Saini

The best time to start anti aging treatments and creams is when you are into your mid 20 or late 20ís as this is the time when the skinís aging process starts to increase and the elasticity starts wearing down. Prevention is better than cure, and even though you can always help you skin when youíre into your 30ís, doing it in your 20ís gives you an added advantage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: