Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Topical Neuropeptides
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steffanie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Topical Neuropeptides Reply with quote

Any comment on the benefits of topical neuropeptides and oral thymic peptides for anti aging.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two most common neuropeptides found in topical skin care products are acetyl hexapeptide-3 and palmitoyl pentapeptide-3. There is info on both on these chemicals on this website as well as in Dr. Todorov's infopacks, which are excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the input. I was looking at a Neuropeptide creme mfg by N.V. Perricone. At a $500.00 + price tag its out of my budget.
Chris Davis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the input. I was looking at a Neuropeptide creme mfg by N.V. Perricone. At a $500.00 + price tag its out of my budget.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I have a mixed opinion of Dr. Perricone and how he does business. He deserves credit for his published work and bringing to light some less known, but promising treatments for skin care but his product line is too diverse, VERY redundant and exceptionally over priced. I'm not saying they are a scam persey, but he has the same ingredients in so many products and he knows damn well you don't need DMAE, ALA and various other antioxidants is his soap, firming cream, topical gel, night cream, day cream, eye gel, etc, etc. I mean honestly you could buy one of his products and use it for 99% of your skin care requirements w/o having to buy additional specialized products like his firming cream or whatnot. Just my opinion though
Ann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Looking for neuropeptide products as well.... Reply with quote

Here Here. I read Dr Perricone's book too. I am also looking for an alternative to his pricey lot. It does list some other places to get stuff with neuropeptides in them, but not the brand. None of the other stores were in my area, but Nordstrom was named, as well as Saks, Neiman Marcus, ect.... in the back of the book.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: neuropeptide Reply with quote

does anyone know where to get topical neuropeptide & thymic peptide at a reasonable price?
mrsflweb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: where to buy? Reply with quote

I've been looking at Seattle Skincare , but they are putting a lot of product, according to their claims, in their solutions. I would question what could happen to someone having such a high percentage of product such as Matrixyl(10%) and Idebenone(5%) and Arguiline(sp)(15%) in a solution....the prices are good though compared to other companies.
I would love some thoughts on this

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: neuropetide Reply with quote

well I agree with all of these comments , Perricone products are outrageously overpriced . even the vitamins he sells are double the price & what I find even more outrageous is the Alpha lipoic acid is the 50/50 mixture not even the R+ at this price !!! a lot of binders & fillers on these vitamins ! One would hope to have better at these prices !
visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: peptide ? Reply with quote

has anyone try his supplement peptide ? what does it contains do be so expensive ?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a website where you can buy a combination of Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) and Palmitoyl-Pentapeptide 3 (Matrixyl) at a very reasonable price and mix your cream yourself :

http://thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?cPath=45_49&products_id=1162

All other sites and products i know that contain these too ingredients are astronomically overpriced.

And please stop with that Dr. Pericone. The guy just wants to make some dough out of gullable people ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: perricone Reply with quote

Yes I agree with you about Perricone ! How ethical as an MD ! what a scam !
Paula

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: argireline Reply with quote

The Argireline you mention form " the Personal formulator ," is it the same product as the Spanish Lipotec company used . Argireline creams are expansive. would like to make my own cannot afford Botox for my frown line .

Have you made the Argireline cream form the personal formulator ? How long have you been using it ? does it work ? tks
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: argireline Reply with quote

Paula wrote:
The Argireline you mention form " the Personal formulator ," is it the same product as the Spanish Lipotec company used . Argireline creams are expansive. would like to make my own cannot afford Botox for my frown line .

Don't know about Lipotec, see if the active ingredient is Acetyl Hexapeptide-3.

Paula wrote:
Have you made the Argireline cream form the personal formulator ? How long have you been using it ? does it work ? tks

I am waiting to finish my Matrixyl solution which I bought from personal formulator - it lasts for more than 6 months!. Then I am planning on bying their Matrixyl and Argireline solution.

I hope their solutions are real.

So far I don't have drastic results with Matrixyl. See my post:

http://www.smartskincare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=523&highlight=#523
cjdavis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
There is a website where you can buy a combination of Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) and Palmitoyl-Pentapeptide 3 (Matrixyl) at a very reasonable price and mix your cream yourself :

http://thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?cPath=45_49&products_id=1162

All other sites and products i know that contain these too ingredients are astronomically overpriced.

And please stop with that Dr. Pericone. The guy just wants to make some dough out of gullable people ...

Although I am critical of some of his commercial products, I am hesitant to call him a scam artist. He really does deserve credit for the way he has elucidated and popularized scientific skin care. Iím sure his products are of the highest quality, whether they work or not remains to be seenÖ
cjdavis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: argireline Reply with quote

Paula wrote:

The company that holds the patent will be the only supplier for commercial products. The question is in what percentages are the companies using in their products. I know Sederma, which produces palmitoyl pentapeptide mandates that every company who purchases their palmitoyl pentapeptide must use at least 3 p.p.m. Also it should be known that there is a distinct pharmacological difference in the way botox and argireline exerts their effects. Botox will completely paralyze the muscle whereas argerilne interferes with the catecholamine neurotransmitters that signal muscle contraction. You can rub all the argireline on your brow that you want and you can still move the muscles which stretch the skin and expedite the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. I think there is another pharmacological effect occurring that accounts for the wrinkle reduction seen (if any) in argireline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: