Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Scrubbed off my skin!! Raw and red

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChardRich

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Scrubbed off my skin!! Raw and red Reply with quote

Hi there,
I joined this fourm because I ruined my skin... At least for the time being. I'm an 17 year old guy and a few months back I was givin a burst bees saylasylic acid face scrub. I had never used a scrub and had no idea i was only supposed to use it a few times a week so i used it twice a day like a face soap and I did for for at least 2-3 months before my skin became really red and raw, it was only then that I stopped used it completely. I had no idea what I was doing so I started using another saylsylic acid soap and it got a little better but then it got worse again so I stopped that and got a "sensitive skin" wash with no acid and it got a little better and then worse again! So I stopped all soaps, got a little better for a week and bad again! This time it got worse with nothing! (By bad I mean more raw and red and it feels really tight) so I started using a hydrating moosturizer and a calming very natural soap. I've been doing this for like 3 weeks with VERY slow improvement and I can't even tell if its worse or better each day but it's driving me crazy! I've also been putting coconut oil on and even emu oil. This has been going on for like 4 months. I have dermatology appointment in a few weeks but I need to know what to do in the meantime. im only using the soap once a day, sometimes not at all. It's worse when I get out of the shower and my face eats the moisturizer! Please help! This is killing me!! I think i killed the top layer of skin :oops: :oops:
CindyDavis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applying a product on our skin, especially on our face needs a deep evaluation and understanding. The first you should do is to know what is your skin type. If you have a sensitive skin, then you should be careful about the products you are using. Discover creams, moisturizers, cleansers, toners and many more skincare products that are perfect for you and your skin. For now, since you and your Derma haven't met yet, stop using any products it might cause irritation. Read these "Reasons You Canít Keep Perfect Skin" iwbodywraps.com/6-reasons-cant-keep-perfect-skin-4-something-new.
GaleRamirez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Scrubbed off my skin!! Raw and red Reply with quote

Stop using anything harsh and/or abrasive in the mean time. Give your skin time to recover and be sure to stay out of the sun. Stick to a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. Natural remedies like raw honey and aloe vera gel may provide additional relief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: