Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

effective acne aid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
losingawholeyear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: effective acne aid Reply with quote

Hi. What do you use to treat your facial adult acne? Already tried some creams available in the market with no luck. Still, the red nasties keep on appearing. Thanks!
Lilulilu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: I think I have got a solution to your problem! Reply with quote

Hi fren,

Who will know more than me that what a menace acne or pimples are. I tried numerous medicines but of no avail, then luckily I came across some home based remedies in.88db.com/chennai/Discussion/Discussion_reply.page/Beauty/?DiscID=101 which was really helpful. In almost 2 weeks 60% of my pimples are gone. You must give it a try!

May god bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
j00les

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never found the over the counter creams or remedies to actually be any good, personally I like to just keep a healthy diet and use simple soaps. I read this article a while back about vitamins for acne that suggested a few vitamins that help prevent and treat acne, its a natural way to do things that wont cost you the earth like the creams!
joyjohn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Herbal Acne Aid Reply with quote

I used herbal acne cream. It showed good results to me.The one I used is ACNE - N - PIMPLE CREAM from Internatioanl Drug Mart
rachel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What worked really well for me after trying almost EVERYTHING (!) was a combination of products/ingredients. At 27 years old I just all the sudden developed cystic acne on my cheeks, it was terrible and so difficult to come to terms with because I had always had nice skin, even as a teenager.

After experimenting for quite awhile, I have found a regimen that has helped my skin clear up almost perfectly, minus a little scarring that I don't quite know what to do with yet.

The regimen is a combination of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and glycolic acid. My routine is the following:

Morning - 1) Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser (Proactive is great because their cleanser has exfoliation beads as well)
2) Glycolic Acid Toner
3) Benzoyl treatment lotion (Proactive or whatever else you find)
4) Oil free moisturizer with sunscreen, very important

Evening - 1) Glycolic Acid Cleanser (Jan Marini is expensive, but the BEST and lasts a long time)
2) Gentle Toner (Proactive is okay, or anything aelse that might have some calming properties, Emily's Beauty In Balance has a great natural one)
3) Salicylic Acid Moisturizer (Clean & Clear)

This regimen has worked wonders for me, but was arrived at slowly. So please, try using just one product at a time until you know how sensitive you wil be to the ingredients, otherwise it might be a big assault on your skin to go all out at first. Start slowly and you will develop a tolerance. Your skin will clear up in a few weeks to a few months, depending on the severity of your acne.

DON'T forget sunscreen, as these products sensitize your skin to UV.

The main reason why these products work is they get rid of the dead top layer of your skin so that your pores won't get clogged anymore. They also disinfect to prevent new break outs and dry out pre-existing pimples.

If your skin gets very dry with these products, put Jojoba oil on your skin. It will not make you break out, but feels amazing. Try to avoid dry skin, as this actually makes acne worse by blocking pores with dead skin cells.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Acne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: