Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Question for Dr.T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dakota1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Question for Dr.T Reply with quote

Dr.T,
I use a d.i.y. eye cream which contains eyeseryl, reguage, butchers broom, horsechestnut, and caffeine. Do any of these ingredients I mentioned CONFLICT with one another as far as "depuffing"? Do you see any issues with using these ingredients?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any obvious conflicts although I am not sure how proven eyeseryl and reguage are. Have you seen any solid research on those?

Are you already using this combination? If so what are your results so far?
dakota1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't personally seen any solid research on Reguage and Eyeseryl. I have been using them for about 1 year. It's not like my puffiness is real bad, but on days when I have extra stress, not quality sleep, or eating allergens, they are more noticeable to me, even with using the 2 peptides. They too must have their limits if I am not going to be proactive in getting better sleep, less stress, and avoiding certain trigger foods.
1) Am I right on that? Or should these peptides work no matter what if they are going to work?

I just started doing a lymph massage for the face and around the eyes. To be honest, with that I have seen good results fairly quick.

I just started adding the anhydrous caffeine powder to my eye cream only yesterday.

2) Is caffeine something that works instantly or does it take time?

You mentioned on another post that to much constriction can also cause negative side effects.

3) Can you name a few examples of what you mean by some negative side effects of too much constriction?

4) Are there any negative side effects from using anhydrous caffeine powder topically?

5) What are the other benefits to caffeine powder besides depuffing?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 - even if these peptides work, lifestyle choices will still impact your puffiness

#2 - caffeine usually improves puffiness somewhat within an hour or two after application. There may also be a cummulative affect over several applications over time.

#3 too much vasoconstriction in the eye area could cause periorbital and other headaches, eye strain, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: