Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Pro-active plus other treatments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DivaD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Pro-active plus other treatments Reply with quote

i'm currently using pro-active solution. i don't have a severe breakout of acne or anything... it's very mild. but i'm also using clearisal ultra vanishing spot treatment cream at night. should i not be mixing both? my skin hasn't cleared up completely, instead new pimples are forming. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong! please help.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop them both and see if pimples clear out. if they do, start proactive again and see if it doesnt make new pimples.
mkecpt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For many people, use of ingredients like Benzoyl peroxide (BP), causes an INCREASE in oil/sebum production in the skin. BP works by drying out the skin, thus masking the source of the acne (bacteria)...our body has many feedback mechanisms to compensate for deviations from normality, and what can happen is that as you dry up the skin, a message is sent to increase oil production to compensate for the oil/moisture loss. For many, the BP can override this biofeedback in our body, and your acne "clears up", but in actuality, if you were to stop using the BP, your face would be in such high gear fro oil production, that often you will suffer terrible breakouts! I have seen this time and time again. Acne is a disease caused by bacteria in the skin, and many topical treatments aim to just cover up the issue, not cure it at it's source. Not to mention the damaging effects to the skin of daily microderm abrasion scrubs and the use of harsh chemicals on the skin like BP. There are safer alternatives out there, that don't strip your skin, and works in a mechanism to combat the source of the problem...bacteria.
SkincareExpert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: War Against Acne? NO MORE... Reply with quote

We have JUST received a new technology for Acne Treatment of all skin types, hormonal or otherwise.... MyZENO Acne Clearing Device. It is rather expensive for initial purchase, but replacement cartridges in the unit are only $35 and you get 90 individual treatments from each cartridge.

There is only one acne product safe for use during pregnancy and has been FDA approved... MyZENO Acne Device. This has just been introduced and featured on TheView September 5, 2005 for treatment of acne.

This device is fabulous. I had the opportunity to use it at a demonstration a couple weeks back and the acne treated starts to heal in 2 (TWO) Days and by the third day -- the acne lesion is gone!

It works on the premise of heat. The unit heats the acne lesion to exactly 119 degrees Fahrenheit for 2.5 minutes - this kills the acne bacteria causing the inflammation and healing begins at the time the treatment is finished. We are expecting this to be HUGE for pregnancy and teenagers and menopausal women suffering from hormonal acne.

Check it out at http://www.radiantskinstore.com
http://www.radiantskinshoppe.com/DisplayProducts.asp?DisplayType=MFG&Criteria=Zeno%20Acne%20Device

SkinCareExpert
marsto911

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: acne clearing device which heats up ----do burns happen? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have never heard of the myzeno product. It sounds interesting. The one thing that caught my eye was the temperature it heats up to, 119 degrees F. Burns can easily occur with hot water near that temperature. Would burns occur on the face from this device?

I just looked up an article about burns from hot water, this is what it says: "While a temperature of 140 degrees can cause a severe enough burn to require hospitalization and skin grafting in a matter of just 3 seconds, a child would have to be exposed to 120-degree water for well over 15 seconds to suffer the same degree of injury."

here is another article on burns: Each year, about 112,000 people are treated in hospital emergency rooms with scald burns, and about 6 percent of them are hospitalized. Many of the scaldings are a result of household water heaters being set at temperatures above 120 degrees F. About 80 percent of hot tap water burns are among young children, the elderly, and the physically impaired. Water temperature may be kept high for a number of reasons. In institutional settings, a large volume of hot water may be required. For dishwasher use, water may need to be kept hot to improve solvent action. Another reason for keeping temperatures higher is prevention of bacterial overgrowth in the water supply. However, tap water delivered at 140 degrees F can cause a full-thickness burn in 10 seconds.

Is this device ok to be used on light and dark skin? (pigment problem)

Is this device regulated or can people buy it without a prescription?

Thanks

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: