Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Nasolabial folds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skiptomylou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Nasolabial folds Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recommendations for nasolabial folds?

I'm 23 and I think I developed these folds with a combination of realllllly bad sleeping habits, weight loss, and not drinking enough water.

I kind of don't want to go the injections route yet as I'm only 23 and I feel too young to resort to that method at the moment.

Is there anything that can help? From what I've seen it doesn't look like topicals or creams will do anything but mask the lines.

Help is appreciated. Thank you.
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Nasolabial folds Reply with quote

skiptomylou wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for nasolabial folds?

I'm 23 and I think I developed these folds with a combination of realllllly bad sleeping habits, weight loss, and not drinking enough water.

I kind of don't want to go the injections route yet as I'm only 23 and I feel too young to resort to that method at the moment.

Is there anything that can help? From what I've seen it doesn't look like topicals or creams will do anything but mask the lines.

Help is appreciated. Thank you.

at your age I believe typically it's caused by sagging of the malar fat pads (afaik). So I don't think skin care will do a lot to help.

You could look into a midface lift perhaps. Or filler to conceal it.
bohemianrox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing drives me crazier than to see someone have a default reaction to suggest surgery or fillers to a 24 year old. No offense to young people or 24 year olds but you guys tend to overreact big time to the slightest changes in your skin.
The face will get thinner as you move into actual adulthood and you may start seeing the beginnings of character lines..That's natural.
But you need prevention ...
not the heavy guns.
There's a multitude of things that help the beginnings of these folds (and other things).. Serums and creams with things like
peptides, Vit c, retinoids, AHA's will promote collagen growth, cell turn over and minimize fine lines.
Dermarolling will help with fine lines and scarring over time too. Led red light therapy is a good choice for any age..it helps regain that healthy plump look of younger skin.
Microcurrent helps lift but seems too much for younger skin...But face exercises do work...just don't be too aggressive and do a total face routine. Not just one area.
Last but not least...drink plenty of water. It doesn't affect everyone but if I don't drink water I can see it in my face..my eyes especially..and always wear sun screen.
I'm twice the age of the op and have minimized those folds and other signs of aging by 75% with no fillers or surgery..
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bohemianrox wrote:
Nothing drives me crazier than to see someone have a default reaction to suggest surgery or fillers to a 24 year old. No offense to young people or 24 year olds but you guys tend to overreact big time to the slightest changes in your skin.
The face will get thinner as you move into actual adulthood and you may start seeing the beginnings of character lines..That's natural.
But you need prevention ...
not the heavy guns.
There's a multitude of things that help the beginnings of these folds (and other things).. Serums and creams with things like
peptides, Vit c, retinoids, AHA's will promote collagen growth, cell turn over and minimize fine lines.
Dermarolling will help with fine lines and scarring over time too. Led red light therapy is a good choice for any age..it helps regain that healthy plump look of younger skin.
Microcurrent helps lift but seems too much for younger skin...But face exercises do work...just don't be too aggressive and do a total face routine. Not just one area.
Last but not least...drink plenty of water. It doesn't affect everyone but if I don't drink water I can see it in my face..my eyes especially..and always wear sun screen.
I'm twice the age of the op and have minimized those folds and other signs of aging by 75% with no fillers or surgery..

Update on my original post since learning more.

Dr T told me skin and fat are attached, so sagging fat pads really just means sagging skin.

The real cause of PREMATURE nasolabial folds is almost always skeletal in nature. Recessed infraorbital rims, recessed jaws, weak malars. Basically a lack of support of the faces soft-tissue, so as some facial fat starts to disappear with age there isn't anything to keep the skin plump and propped up. As such it will sag down like a deflated balloon.

Of cours,e skin care is the first port of call for any of this stuff. I agree with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: