Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Adenosine - amazing firming active or utter madness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Cell Energy Production Co-Factors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scinofi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Adenosine - amazing firming active or utter madness? Reply with quote

I've noticed that Adenosine is all the rage in Korean cosmetics currently. They love the ingredient so much that almost everything includes it, along with EGF. I'm very interested in your views about it.

I'm specifically concerned about Adenosine's strong association with fibrosis. Do you know anything about this please, as it relates to topical application to human skin? I've seem some people using these products who have fantastic firm skin, yet I'm still wondering how risky they are, especially the moment there's any injury to the skin such as a picked pimple - the scarring potential.

I think that a lot of common peptides actually promote scarring, even including copper in my experience, by healing skin too fast and distorting the normal process, but Adenosine seems to have extreme potential in this regard. Or am I wrong? What do we know about topical Adenosine for human anti-aging?

(The question also carries over to D-Ribose, which enhances Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) production in skin.)

Thank you.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topical adenosine does appear to improve would healing (see, for example, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12057906 ). However, the effects of long-term topical use for cosmetic reasons are unclear -- but so are the effects of many other widely used skin care ingredients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Cell Energy Production Co-Factors All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: