Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Dr, TOdorov can color of cQ10 formulations be white?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Cell Energy Production Co-Factors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Dr, TOdorov can color of cQ10 formulations be white? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Todorov!
I bought CE and cQ10 anti-ox serum from "ingredientstodiefor"about half a year ago and it was orangish color and smooth viscous consistency. This time they sent me white colored creamy substance. On my question why color is white the answer was-"encapsulation of Ubiquinone (CoQ10) makes color hide". My question- can formulations with Ubiquinone (CoQ10) be of white color and not brown? and also...on company's site info descriptions stated that anti-ox serum AND bulk cQ10 encapsulated, both are of orange-brownish color?? Is it mistake from my or their site?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encapsulation can certainly modify color although making a substance like Q10 seem completely white would be unusual. To tell you more, I'd need to know exactly what encapsulation technology they used. If you can find out, please post the information.
inna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Todorov,
So far here info I got from them:
"The CoQ10 is not yellow/orange as the liposomes encapsulates them completely so they can penetrate the skin better, this causes them in the final product to not bring much color out with all the liposome activity in the cream. The emulsifier technology also helps with color also."
I don't think it's fully explain method they use?
I sent email about encapsulation method company use and I am waiting for response!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In standard liposomes, Q10, being lipid soluble, would incorporate into the lipid layer and would at be at least somewhat exposed to external light and thus show color. If indeed their method works, their technology probably involves more than just using liposomes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Cell Energy Production Co-Factors All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: