Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Hey LoveBuzz, got a question for you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThirtyIsNotNew20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Hey LoveBuzz, got a question for you! Reply with quote

Hello there,

Where do you buy high quality skin actives? I'm currently looking at Skinactives, Bulkactives and Lotioncrafter.

SAS is soooo expensive compared to the other two! But they do offer pre-made creams & Vitamin C serum.

Bulkactives looks like a cheap SAS clone. Price is good but most of their actives are from China or Taiwan. Not so sure about their product quality tho!

Lotioncrafter emerges as the winner by default here....

What do you think about these companies?
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hey LoveBuzz, got a question for you! Reply with quote

ThirtyIsNotNew20 wrote:
Hello there,

Where do you buy high quality skin actives? I'm currently looking at Skinactives, Bulkactives and Lotioncrafter.

SAS is soooo expensive compared to the other two! But they do offer pre-made creams & Vitamin C serum.

Bulkactives looks like a cheap SAS clone. Price is good but most of their actives are from China or Taiwan. Not so sure about their product quality tho!

Lotioncrafter emerges as the winner by default here....

What do you think about these companies?

I bought my stuff off Bulkactives. If what you say is true and you're concerned about quality then perhaps Lotioncrafter is better? I've never heard of it before but I will go there now for a look.

I'd also be interested to know what you do regarding filter and scales. You definitely need those to make a good serum. No matter how well you mix you'll always get clumps so it's really good to be able to filter that out and get an elegant, smooth serum. Sure you lose some actives but I doubt it matters.
ThirtyIsNotNew20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Here's a tip for getting the lumps out of your serum! Reply with quote

Check this out! Keyword search "DIY CEF Vitamin C Skin Serum for Beginners" on youtube. You will find a great short video uploaded by ReCverin. The secret weapon? Ziploc bag!!!
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Here's a tip for getting the lumps out of your serum! Reply with quote

ThirtyIsNotNew20 wrote:
Check this out! Keyword search "DIY CEF Vitamin C Skin Serum for Beginners" on youtube. You will find a great short video uploaded by ReCverin. The secret weapon? Ziploc bag!!!

lol I'll take a look!
jands

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most botanical extracts and chemicals are made in China, I (BulkActives) simply declare this on the product ages.

I have addressed this here: bulkactives.com/blogs/actives-ingredients/made-in-china-getting-to-the-heart-of-the-matter.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: