Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

DIY White tea toner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: DIY White tea toner Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I want to make a toner with white tea, but unfortunately I don't have acces to white tea extract. So I thought I could just use fresh tea, but I don't know how long can I keep it in the fridge. Is there anyone who knows when does it loses its properties? I want to use it mostly beause of this study:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19653897
where it's suggesed that it could have significant anti-aging properties (anti-collagenase, anti-elastase).
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toner has a limited contact time with the skin and is usually not the best vehicle for delivery of anti-aging ingredients.
Otto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use toner as a cleanser, rather refresher - I splash it on my face before using serum or cream, so it stays on my face that same time. Sometimes I use it as a face-spray i it's hot.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you make a tea infusion, you can freeze it in small ice cubes. If stored in your freezer at minus 20 Celcius or so, it is likely to be good for weeks. However, when you use frozen ice tea, e.g. as a toner, don't apply it to your skin immediately out of the freezer -- let it at least start thawing before applying in order to avoid freeze burn.
Otto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: