Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Oil/Wax Ointment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frugalandnatural

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Oil/Wax Ointment Reply with quote

Just purchased the info packs and will love to start with the anhydrous vit c gel but the oil/wax ointment is my problem. I have some questions?
1. Can I use jojoba oil as the oil in this mixture. I ask this because I have read that it's actually a wax.
2. When you say specifically emulsifying wax, do you have any ingredient in mind? I read somewhere that if the E-wax is not made of Cetearyl Alcohol and Polysorbate 60, its not really emulsifying wax, is this true?
You recommended Mountain rose herbs but their emulsifying wax is made of Cetostearyl Alcohol and Ethoxylated Sorbitan Ester. Will this be okay for the purpose I intend?
I started making skincare to stay away from chemicals but EWG labels emulsifying wax as "4" ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/702249/EMULSIFYING_WAX/
3. Is there any alternative? can I use beeswax instead of e-wax?

Thank you
    drtodorov
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 - probably on but I haven't tested it.
    #2 - The two variants you mentioned are sufficiently chemically similar
    #3 - Haven't tried bees wax but it's not an emulsifier, which allow to get smoother texture. If you don't care about texture, you can just mix vit C powder with emu oil or coconut oil.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: